Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M50 starts great, idles like crap, dies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 starts great, idles like crap, dies.

Yes I know there have been many threads like this anyways here is my scenario.

1990 325i
    1993 M50B25tu

I was having starting issues before and it turned out to be clogged injectors, I ordered a set of rebuilt ones and installed them yesterday. The car fired up and I cut it off after a few seconds and a couple revs since it was late and I didnt want to piss off any neighbors.

I get up today to work on it and add all the fluids and start wrapping it up and I started it again to get it up to op. temp to bleed the cooling system and the car idles great for about 30 seconds then starts to sputter, lifts back up then back down then dies.

Itll fire right back up but immediately sputters and dies. If I try to give it some throttle it will just cut it completely (wont even sputter just dies).

I checked for any vac leaks and I checked the ignition switch and all seems to be fine.

Its now starting up fine but just immediately dies right after it fires up. no sputtering or anything.

Any suggestions?

M50B25tu

Okay found it to be the fuel delivery fuse, however, it keeps getting blown after I let the car idle. Any ideas?

M50B25tu

Comment

disregard, solved the problem.

M50B25tu

Comment

who wired the car? did you buy an adapter or make your own?

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Well, what was it?
          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Share please

Originally posted by Roysneon
            $5 shipped?
            Originally posted by MarkD
            You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

The adapter was made by greg so I knew the wiring was legit but I checked anyways to make sure nothing was wrong there (all good).

I ended up going back looking over all the fuses, I made a very rookie mistake, somehow I read the Bentley wrong or something, I had a 7.5 fuse in there instead of the 15...

I know I know, I will go put my helmet on and finish the car... lol

M50B25tu

Comment

what fuse was this? My friends swap is having very similar issue.
                sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Originally posted by 10-66kruk View Post
                  what fuse was this? My friends swap is having very similar issue.
                  There are two fuses that are for fuel delivery. Fuses 9 and 11. They both need a 15amp fuse.

Also, read this thread, similar problem, different outcome.

Good luck.

M50B25tu

Comment

Working...
                  X