s52 with Z4 6 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s52 with Z4 6 speed

What would be the equal to the 5 speed with 3.25 ratio diff.?Could i run the 3.73 lsd with the 6 speed? Really would like to install a 6 speed when I get my stroker 3.2 engine done.Bottom end is at engine builder as we speak.
    Hey teaguer, post a pic of my car for me

thanks, Lino
    Texas
    Lino
    '91 Cabrio
    Factory Hard top
    17x7.5 Kinesis K20

Whatever is a little shorter than the stock final drive on the Z4.
    The E30 chassis isn't capable of the intended top speed of a Z4, but the Z4's wheel/tire package also has a larger rolling diameter than the E30's.
    I'm not positive but I believe the 3.0i 6spd has a 3.07 rear end. So something like a 3.25 would probably be suitable in an E30.

Comment

OH, is that the same trans as the euro E36 M3? If not, whats different about it. Anything special to fit it?

Brian

Comment

What are the ratio's of the Z4 trans? That would be a good start in getting advice on the proper rear gear to run.

Comment

Hey WTF is this post all about ?? :D
          I thought you were gonna keep all this under wraps and then just spring onto the scene with it all done complete with 6-spd .

I would think that the 3.73 would be a kickass ratio and would be manageable since the trans would still have OD . (it does , right?)
          Or to be more streetable the 3.25 would probably do the trick.

Hey speaking of rear ends , I hope my 3.73 LS is not laying out there in the rain . :)

Heres a snazzy pic or two of your g-ride :

Thats a good idea to include your wheels in your sig , it will keep us from getting a thousand posts asking what they are. ;)

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Working...
          X