E28 M5 engine mounts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 M5 engine mounts???

Im in the process of ordering and need advice. Are these the mounts I need() or can I use 2 Cylinder shaped mounts?

The price differences between drivers side and passenger side is completely different and I was wondering why?

Which ones should I be ordering to perfect my swap?Part numbers?

Thanks.

green 793 mounts (two of them)
    -Alex

Comment

^ absolutely.

Comment

I'm using two of the right side M5 mounts.

Also, I suggest rmeuropean.com. They are excellent and often WAY cheaper than Pelican.
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
          I'm using two of the right side M5 mounts.

Also, I suggest rmeuropean.com. They are excellent and often WAY cheaper than Pelican.
          Is clearance the same with either mounts? Why are the differences between the green mounts compared to the right sided E28 m5 mounts?

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Well i cant say for sure but i just couldnt justify spending 150 bucks when i know 45 dollar mounts work without issues and are made of the same material.
            -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
              Well i cant say for sure but i just couldnt justify spending 150 bucks when i know 45 dollar mounts work without issues and are made of the same material.
              I agree with you. I just plan on drifting this car so i want something that has been perfected. It seems as though everyone has a different theory on which mount works best. Im on a budget so I see where you are coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by M///BMW View Post
                I agree with you. I just plan on drifting this car so i want something that has been perfected. It seems as though everyone has a different theory on which mount works best. Im on a budget so I see where you are coming from.
                If you're drifting the car, then these mounts are entirely wrong for you. Suck it up and buy the AKG poly mounts or go solid.

E28 mounts of any sort will tear when abused really hard.

Edit: I have a set of AKG poly mounts that I'd be willing to sell you. Less than 2,000 miles of use before I got tired of the NVH and took them out. I'd sell them for $150 shipped. I also have the 80A Polyurethane (9mm subframe raising) rear subframe mounts. $80 for them.
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                  If you're drifting the car, then these mounts are entirely wrong for you. Suck it up and buy the AKG poly mounts or go solid.

E28 mounts of any sort will tear when abused really hard.

Edit: I have a set of AKG poly mounts that I'd be willing to sell you. Less than 2,000 miles of use before I got tired of the NVH and took them out. I'd sell them for $150 shipped. I also have the 80A Polyurethane (9mm subframe raising) rear subframe mounts. $80 for them.
                  I see where your coming from. This car is gonna be a street car as well as a drift car. I appreciate your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X