treehouse eyeball arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

treehouse eyeball arms

Im replaceing my control arm bushings and... How to I get these things off? lol, I hate not having a manual ment for an e30 m3, the e30 bently just says to get a "puller"
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Re: treehouse eyeball arms

Originally posted by equate975
    Im replaceing my control arm bushings and... How to I get these things off? lol, I hate not having a manual ment for an e30 m3, the e30 bently just says to get a "puller"
    Put the arm part of the bushing bracket in a vice, and twist the control arm around until you rip the rubber apart and out of the control arm bushing, then cut the rubber that's left on the arm itself off with a utility knife.

That's how I did it when I was in a hurry, anyway.

Comment

Why the hell is this in "Swapping to M/S50"?

Comment

Originally posted by BS87
        Why the hell is this in "Swapping to M/S50"?
        It would appear that he mistakenly posted it in the wrong forum.

But that's just my guess, I could be wrong. :roll:

Comment

Ah, I didnt mean to post here but this is where my bookmark leads, I only ask stuff about the swap since this is the place to be. So I just rip them off and push the treehouse ones in? They dont need to be pressed on? What if I just blasted the hell out of it with a blow torch and took a short cut lol.

Comment

I've used a puller, a sawzall, and a torch. Any of the three methods works.
            Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

Puller will work pretty well.

The treehouse arms just slide on, I pushed mine onto my new control arms like last night...mmm...they look hawt... 8)
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

Ok, well I got the old bushings off, 5 min with a blowtorch and some vice grips and I ripped it right off, the treehouse arms dont exactly slide on but a couple light taps with a hammer will put them in.

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X