No announcement yet.

Heater hose M50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are talking about the heater core. Inside the car on the otherside of the 2 pipes, one will have a valve and the other will not.

Originally posted by Roysneon
    $5 shipped?
    Originally posted by MarkD
    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
      Sorry, didn't mean that be as ass as it sounds

I asked Jlevie about which way it should be hooked up and that guy is basically an e30 God in my books. He said you would always want to feed the valve first. My thoughts at the begining of this thread were that the back of the head went to the bottom of the core no questions asked. However, I was just following what everyone else had always said.
      No offense taken, Jlevie is indeed an e30 god!!!

My post was somewhat snarky as well.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Ok, seems as if my valve is on the top. So the back of the head with be connected to the top hose.

Winner winner chicken dinner?

My Seller Feedback Thread

Comment

Si senior

$5 shipped?

Comment

If I deleted my heater core and do I just run a hose to from the front to the rear?

Do I have to run a hose to the throttle body?

Is possible to just clean it all up. Im using a m42 with a built in tank what have people done with all these to remove some of the hosees?
            1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
            1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
            1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Delete the TB and yes loop the lines.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Did you do that on your car or know of where I can see a pic of other peoples work? Looking at the above pic i would delete the TB hoses with some kind of cap on the block side easy.

The spider hose? Do I reuse it or figure out a way to have a T in the pipe coming from the rear to the front to have a hose coming back to the bottom inlet on the m42 radiator?

Comment

Comment

Looked at mine the other night and ended up having to swap them. Explains why I couldn't get heat.

$5 shipped?

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                      If I deleted my heater core and do I just run a hose to from the front to the rear?

Do I have to run a hose to the throttle body?

Is possible to just clean it all up. Im using a m42 with a built in tank what have people done with all these to remove some of the hosees?
                      if you deleted it just run both into the fish tank
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Ask Dude. He knows all about fish and fish tank accessories.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't supply HCvalve with pressure.

I've read and reread this thread and I littereally do othe opposite of what people are suggesting. I have 3 bmw e30's, 2x325i, and e30 m50 swap. All of the Hvalves are NOT supplied with pressure from the head. I've was struggling with heat in the m50 swap and I thought maybe I kinked the aluminum lines to the core. I pulled the intake, and lines. I then connected a long coolant hose and blew in it. The valve is on the top line in my case, and it instantly shut when I put pressure on it not allowing me to blow much of anything through the core(I double checked by gas pedal) I then blew in the bottom supply to core and it was flowing well. I then turned on power and closed the heater core and blew on bottom again, and it was blocked as it should be. Don't supply pressure to the valve. I have put pressure to the valve in the past and it makes a muted clicking noise at higher rpm, this it the valve being forced shut.

Comment

noobie 24v swap here, after reading thru i assumed that you would route the heater hose from the back of the head in the same pipe as it was on the m20? correct me if im wrong but like i said im a noonie 24v swapper and have yet to start the engine but will very soon .

so if ive rear it right , the head hose is the pressure side and the t stat hose is not, all pic that i have seen for the 24v swap the t stat hose is the top heater line

in a day or 2 i will know myself as im almost ready to fire off the engine for the first time swapping it

Comment

Working...
                            X