g240 with s50 flywheel and clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g240 with s50 flywheel and clutch?

I am in the middle of an m50tu into 318is swap and I will be using the g240.
    Can I use the flywheel and the clutch from a 95 M3?? I know that fly and clutch from an shaved m50 or m42 works with g240 but noticed that s50 flywheel has a different part number. Does that mean diameter or thickness is different then the one off of m50? Does s50 flywheel have to be shaved on the back to ring gear like on the m42 and m50 fly? the I can not find any info on this after searching through 24v section.
    I am on a strict budget and friend is giving me the fly/clutch off his 95 m3 and thats why I am not going the m20 fly/clutch route.

Thanks!

No
    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

^^^. Yeah...NO!
      NASA
      BMWCCA member
      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
      1997 M3 sedan
      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

You understand that your S50 will probably grenade that g240. I think Jordan went through 3 or 4 before he went 6spd.

Comment

the bell housing is too small from the g240 to accomodate the e36m3 bits. g260 will fit it fine.

I'm running a g240+4.1lsd on my s50.

hasn't blown yet; coming from subaru background, i'm not used to clutch dumping.
          Originally posted by FredK
          However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
          Feedback

Comment

Ok, so m50tu idea have been scrapped. Just picked up an 99 auto s52 w/54k miles for decent price.
            I will be converting to OBD1 since my friend gave me an complete m50tu minus the head.
            I am still using the G240 but now I have decided to use the M42 stock dualmass flywheel. Now my question is, what do you guys think about the eBay F1 stage3 clutch? anyone have experience with their stage3 clutch on S5X?

Thanks

Comment

learn to search. lightened m20 fly is more ideal then dual mass m42 hahaha. and clutch, or e30 m3 clutch. 323 or 325i TO bearing, 240 or 260 slave

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I did search. I know m20 fly, clutch and starter with g260 is ideal but i am on a tight budget as ive mentioned on the 1st post.
                I just cant find any info on anyone using fly and clutch off of m42.

Thanks

Comment

Just curious what you paid for the S52 with 54k on it. I am doing the same conversion as you on my 91 318is and have decided to use the 240 as well.

Comment

Got the s52 for 1300 and m50 was free.

I'm going to shave the oilpan and gonna go with m42 dualmass fly with f1 or gripforce stage 3 clutch option but i wanted to know if anyone have tried this combo.

Comment

Working...
                    X