M50 leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 leakage

So the M50 was upside down on a stand for three weeks, and my mechanic called me up today as he was checking it out to tell me that a good amount of oil leaked out of cyl. 4 and 5 into the exhaust manifold.

Is this really really bad? In other words, is my compression going to be terrible on those two...indicating that I should rebuild?
    - 2000 Audi S4 Stg 2 (sold)
    - house (bought)
    - 1997 Civic Hatch (shaky but driveable)
    - 2010 Sportster 1200 Forty Eight Ed. (vroom)
    - 1991 318is S50B30 (TBA)

anal leakage

edit: or anal bum covers

Comment

Why did he have it upside down for 3 weeks? There are probably 2 quarts of oil in that motor after it is all drained. All of that sitting on the COLD piston rings for a long time will make them leak. Have him do a leak down test on all of the cylinders to find out the condition of the motor.

Originally posted by DaveCN
      Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

Is a leakdown test the same as a compression test, because he did that. One cylinder came out with 75psi.
        - house (bought)

Comment

Originally posted by clutterbucker
          Is a leakdown test the same as a compression test, because he did that. One cylinder came out with 75psi.
          Fucking OUCH. Owned by a retarded mechanic.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

retarded.... I don't do my own work. Work and school are my excuses. Working 16-19 hours a day for the next three. What's your shcedule?
            - house (bought)

Comment

Working...
            X