Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug and Play 525i

Excuse the noobness...
    So yesterday I was at the wreckers having a scrounge and got chatting to the owner about e30's and engine swaps/compatibility (btw im noob when it comes to mechanics). He said that the 525i (e34) would be a straight drop-in to the e30. I have a 320i.

Is the 525i M20 (2.5 L M20B25) the same as our 325i (2.5LM20B25) in terms of porting/ power related? so exactly the same engine?

In simple terms, is the 525i M20B25 > 325i M20B25? or is it just like having a regular 2.5..

It's just that I see people upgrade their 325's, so wouldn't want to waste my time/money going m20 2.5 from 2.0 if it's nothing special.
    Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I <3 dead naked girls.

Same exact engine. Different oil dipsticks but same motor.

Comment

(just realised posted in wrong section)

Thanks very much
      Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
        Same exact engine. Different oil dipsticks but same motor.
        Wrong.

Seriously, this topic has been covered thousands and thousands of times.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
        Function.
        Form.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JdmEuroNorth View Post
          Wrong.

Seriously, this topic has been covered thousands and thousands of times.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=m50+e30+swap
          ^?

I wanted to know if the M20B25 that powers both the e30 325i and the e34 525i were the exact same motor. I've posted this in the wrong forum section, as it's not a '24v swap'. i'm referring to the 525's m20 rather than the later m50 (which I know has been well covered), I should have posted in 'M20' forum.

I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

Working...
          X