944 booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

944 booster

What exactly has to be done to the 944 booster to be able to use it? i have my e30 and m50 swap sitting now for a few months and i think its time to get it going.

Get an m10x1.5 die, run it down the existing threads on the input rod and continue on to the non threaded part till you can't thread no more. Leave die on the rod.

Measure the stock e30 booster from part that sits on the firewall to the tip of the rod.

Cut porsche booster rod to new measurement.

Remove die.

Comment

Thanks! This is all i been waiting on to put this engine in, just haven't had the desire to finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by herlsy View Post
        Get an m10x1.5 die, run it down the existing threads on the input rod and continue on to the non threaded part till you can't thread no more. Leave die on the rod.

Measure the stock e30 booster from part that sits on the firewall to the tip of the rod.

Cut porsche booster rod to new measurement.

Remove die.
        Just what he said also I recommend that you use the E30 clevis.
        1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
        5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

how good is the 944 booster? cause im happy to either use this 944 booster i got or just slot/drill new booster holes. Our brake linkage setup allows us to move the booster as far as we want without pedal issues as we can re adjust it.
          RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
          89' 318i

Comment

Something else you can do besides re-tapping the pushrod is to just cut it off, and weld an M10x1.5 bolt to it, that's what we did with mine, worked perfectly fine.

I think the 944 booster is the best option because you don't have to do any modification to the firewall or the manifold, and it has as much capacity as the stock E30 booster, while being smaller in diameter. The E21 booster is not as powerful, and the iX/7-series boosters require remotely locating the fluid reservoir, which I don't think looks as good.

Just make sure whatever you do, that you adjust the clevis/fork at the end that attaches to the brake pedal arm back to the right spot. We had mine out too far, and it caused an issue wherein the master cylinder wasn't releasing all the way, and allowing so much pressure to build up in the booster that it locked the brakes after a short time, immobilizing the car.

Comment

i love my remote resivoir.
              NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
                i love my remote resivoir.
                Nothing wrong with them, I just think the stock one is cleaner.

Comment

i have a 944 booster in my e30 for my swap, it works pretty well. and it doesn't have the extra long shaft as the e21 does.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                    iX/7-series boosters require remotely locating the fluid reservoir, which I don't think looks as good.
                    I disagree. :)

Comment

Still not a fan. It's twice as big and looks HUGE in there. Half the focus of my swap was eliminating clutter from my bay, but that's not everyone's goal.

Comment

Working...
                      X