No announcement yet.

Moneyshifted S50's everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usually for the cost of rent or a bit more you can pay for a house, its stupid to rent unless its short term.

Comment

People tend to forget that once you OWN a home there is no Landlord to pickup the tab when things go wrong.. this is usually always overlooked and never estimated into the cost of ownership.

Just like cars... things on houses break and rarely are people prepared to fix them financially. Thus the introduction of HELs.

Buying a house is great only if you can pay it off within 15 years and let it be the only money you borrow. You will quickly find that you have the ability to buy whatever you need with cash.

Comment

If you pay off your mortgage before term, you will be left with no significant tax deduction. Uncle Sam will then come 'a knockin' and all your "spare" cash will go to taxes. And then what, you sell your place after 15yrs in which you have a ton of equity only to be faced with the largest Nationwide real estate bubble in history and your big cash won't even get you a condo.

I am fortunate that I bought about 7 years ago. I feel sorry for anyone looking for a home in a decent area these days...250K is entry level around here. I couldn't afford the house that I'm living in now if I were shopping. Not by a LONG shot.

Sorry 4 contributing on the OT.

Ed
        1988 E30/S50...now with S52; Track
        1994 Miata R; ES Solo2
        1998 Lexus LX470; Wife (Slee'd anyway)
        2002 BMW 530i; A+ Commuter
        2002 BMW 325iT; Sport/Premium 5-speed
        2011 21' EconoTrailer

Comment

We're dragging this way off topic but....

"usually for the cost of rent or a bit more you can pay for a house, its stupid to rent unless its short term."

Depends on where ya live. The buyers market is so freakin overinflated everywhere that you'll do pretty well renting. Did some figuring here in NYC, renting is just about the same as buying even when you include your tax breaks *and* equity...at least for the next 10 years. I say wait a coupla years and watch the whole thing deflate (everywhere). Now back to our regularly scheduled programming :)

Comment

...wow this thread got way off topic, but a good topic at least.

I put an offer in on a house last night...let's hope it goes through!
            :cross fingers:

EDIT: You're looking at a proud new homeowner. :woowoo:
            -Brandon
            '86 325es S50
            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
            S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Working...
            X