Swap write up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap write up?

In parts of the 43+ pages of the sticky on the top of this section there was talk of getting a complete write up of the process put together.

Did this ever happen?

If so, is it available somewhere?

Thanks

Well if someone else does not, I will.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Howto

I think it would be neat to put together something like a Linux or open source howto. The type of detailed document a person with very basic computer skills can follow step-by-step and set up a web server, for example.

I have not done this swap, so my reasons for wanting such a document are rather selfish. For my part I could create a basic website that allows contributors to add their information to the various sections.

Most of this information is on this site, it would just be nice to have it all in one document.

If this is something people are interested in, perhaps we can discuss section headings for the document.

Something like:

-Parts list, including-
      Part numbers & sources
      Engine acquisition
      Engine/transmission/driveshaft combos
      Differential
      Etc.

-Removal of old engine procedure-
      See Bentley
      Special tips, tricks, or comments.

Etc.

Comment

I think thats a great idea. Then we could charge $90.00 for each download. :twisted: JK

I'll be starting my install soon and will be posting it in the S50/M50 thread.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Someone has done it...It's called the Project Orca CD.

Comment

I think the point is so people don't have to pay 90+ dollars for the information.

Comment

I've seen several people state the ORCA CD is worthless, and I just thought it would be nice to have the process set down in a single howto.

Comment

It is completely worthless.

ALL of the the information you could ever need is right in this forum, and I'm sure that those of us who have already done the swap can answer most any other questions you have.

This guy made a pdf that summarizes the 43 page DOHC thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17948

and www.akgmotorsport.com has most all of the other info you need.
                '91 318is
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X