OMG 525i OILPAN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG 525i OILPAN!

So i went to a local junkyard and lucked out and found a e34 525i oil pan. So i started taking out all the oil pan nuts and then the two hex bolts out of the trans and tilted the motor and trans to get the oil pan out......but of course it wont come out i've been mess'in with it for 3 hours! and cant figure out what the deal is, its like it has jesus silicone on it can anybody give me some help thanks:hitler:

There are 3 E-torx bolts going through the transmission to the oil pan, so maybe you still have one in there.

Comment

Wiggle like you've never wiggled before
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

yea i went today and took all the rest out that looked like it and tried to use a crow bar and used it as hard as i could without braking it i guess later this week and go back and try lol

Comment

Originally posted by 502M3JOHN View Post
          yea i went today and took all the rest out that looked like it and tried to use a crow bar and used it as hard as i could without braking it i guess later this week and go back and try lol
          Note to self. Do not buy this oil pan.

Comment

brute force is not something required for oil pans, your just going to bust it if you havent already... Your missing a bolt or 2 if its not moving freely. Once its moving freely you do have to kinda play around to get it out from the transmission and subframe

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Originally posted by MattM View Post
              brute force is not something required for oil pans, your just going to bust it if you havent already...
              Since they're cast aluminum, I'm sure he's already put a couple of bends in it. And even if they're unnoticeable, I can be relatively sure that this pan will probably never seal properly. No force whatsoever should need to be applied to removing an oil pan. You remove all the necessary fasteners, and it just comes out.

Comment

True.

We hoisted the engine straight in the air and it was real simple. Most pull a parts have a huge old welded swingset hoist on donuts.
                Originally posted by 325Projectz
                don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                :nice:

Comment

there are 4 bolts along the back of the oil pan. I bet $10 you left the 2 inner bolts on there...
                  '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                    Note to self. Do not buy this oil pan.
                    I loled.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                      there are 4 bolts along the back of the oil pan. I bet $10 you left the 2 inner bolts on there...
                      Yup - I did that too. Took me forever to stick my finger in those holes and find those two hidden ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X