M52 swap down on power no clue what it could be (vid inside)HELP!
Collapse
X
-
-
Maybe the crank pulley isn't in the right position. Sounds exactly like mine did on first startup and that was my issue.Leave a comment:
-
Ok new it is! Thanks I'll check back once I get them replaced hopefully I'll have it back to normalLeave a comment:
-
I had a blown knock sensor and the only thing I had was a code being thrown for it.
Worth replacing regardless.Leave a comment:
-
dont get used ones... thats what i did and 98% of the time they are already cracked and prob already coroded... and i cant remember if it matters exactly where they go since its OBDILeave a comment:
-
So I should replace the knock sensors? I'll look into that maybe pick up a couple off some junkyard car at pick n pull. Are they marked for front and rear? Does it matter which goes where since they look the same? Thanks again for all the help!Leave a comment:
-
u sure about that??
thats exactly what mine did when my knock sensors were bad as in coroded underneath the plastic
considering the knock sensors retard the timing when they think they hear a "knock" or when their bad which causes the stuttering or lunging under loadLeave a comment:
-
coil sparks when intake valve is about to close, causing blow back fire into the intake manifold. It sounds the same as if you mismatch distributor wires on M20 engine.Leave a comment:
-
I don't even think a knock sensor could produce that amount of stutter/splutter.
Pull the plugs and check the ends.Leave a comment:
-
The icv is properly connected.
The harness is grounded, the whole main harness was replaced including the fuel rail and the coil pack wiring. I dont think the ignition coil wiring wiring is mixed up becuase the wire lengths are already set to reach the correct cylinder?
But i think you might be right about the ignition timing. Sounds like its not firing in the right order or something? I dont know what other info i could provide. If there ae more questions or suggestions it would be much appreciatedLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: