Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some final issues

They could be all related or not but here they are

1.If I press the brakes or the clutch the idle drops. And when I push them at the same time the idle drops and my car almost dies.
    2. There is a weird hissing sound from the booster that goes away when I push the brakes or gas then it comes back after relasing.
    3. I have a remote reservoir and the grommets on the MC leak really bad do I just need new ones or what?
    4. The last issue is when the car is stopped and I turn the wheel the idle drops and if I turn the wheel as far as it will go my car dies.

I have an 89 325i with a 95 s50 and a 7 series brake booster.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

wonder if fluid is leaking into the booster somehow then getting sucked into the intake?
    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Its not leaking around the intake just around the MC where the hoses for the reservoir go in. I really wish I could find out why it dies when I push the clutch and brake in at the same time.

Comment

It's because you have a massive vacuum leak through your brake booster diaphragm, the vacuum leak is affecting your idle so that the extra load from your power steering pump is enough to kill the engine, same with pushing the clutch in an releasing, the engine has to spin up the input shaft of the transmission when you release the clutch in neutral. And buy some new grommets ya cheap ass!

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I was just about to say brake booster leak but Adrian Visser covered it.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X