m52 swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m52 swap questions

have a 97 328i 5 speed getting ready to swap it into my e30. have questions does the e34 wire harness has to be 5 speed or can it be auto? also list of thing needed for OBDI conversion...? :)

It can be an auto.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I think you need the m50 sensors and obviously you'd wanna convert it to obd1

Comment

I used this post when I did mine...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=602151

...with a few differences. He is doing the swap while keeping the motor in the E36 and he also does some things that aren't necessarily needed.

2. I did not use this extension, I just positioned my harness so that it would reach. Matter of preference.

3. I left the metal pipe. It essentially routes the same as the OBD1 rubber pipe.

6. This adapter only works on E36 cars. You need to get the E36 OBD1 blue sensor for the front hole and the E30 brown sensor for the back hole. There are options for mounting the brown sensor. You can drill and tap the head, remove the throttle body heater lines, or do what i did and install an in line adapter on the throttle body heater.
          http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/s...de/OBDITSM.htm

That should at least get you started in the right direction. I remember reading this information several times before and during the conversion before it completely made sense.
          1990 332is - work in progress.

Comment

Thanks guys im just trying to get everything right... is my first swap so i think is going to be A PAIN! but im up for the challenge:D

Comment

Working...
            X