Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

compressor oil PAG 46 Or POE (poly ester)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compressor oil PAG 46 Or POE (poly ester)

I have checked to see what oil others are running in the 24v hybrid a/c systems. I get conflicting info on whether to use pag 46 for the denso compressors, but others say this is a no no and use ester oil because it will mix with the residual mineral oil in the old system and r123a. I plan on doing a complete flush on the system. I have a new condenssor e36 lines converted, r134 expansion valve and the complete retro o-rings and desiccant-9 drier.
    what oil is everyone running in their system. I want to go the ester route because I have been told that their will always remain a little mineral oil in the system even after a good flush, moreover, pag 46 oil and mineral oil will cause an acid reaction causing a/c breakdown.
    Need some clearification.
    Many soldiers go unknown.... You will never be forgotten SSG. Matt Mauphin, SPC. Juan S. Restrepo and all past and to come

Thats what I thought.
    Many soldiers go unknown.... You will never be forgotten SSG. Matt Mauphin, SPC. Juan S. Restrepo and all past and to come

Comment

PAG isn't an option in a system that has had mineral oil in it. You state it yourself in your first post. Ester is the only viable alternative without replacing everything in the system. I don't see a question that needs to be answered, it looks like you'll be running ester. ;)

Comment

Working...
      X