as promised, photos of welds on raceland headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as promised, photos of welds on raceland headers

photos of the raceland headers I just received. Looks like they have read our feedback from the past and made a few upgrades/changes. The manifold flanges did not need to be re-drilled like some people had to do in the past. Snug but no modification needed. Also these clear my offset M3 control arm bushings....therefore I imagine they would clear stock control arm bushings. The only issue I have is clearance regarding the swaybar. I have a cabrio so the front swaybar is a bit thicker than that of a coupe or sedan so that may be why I have the issue. My clearance issue is really small, a couple off mm off. Haven't addressed yet but will post back when I have. Will post installed pics from underneath soon.

these pics were taken as they came out of the box.

'87 325ic, powered by S50.

That first pictures got a nice bead...Now get some installed pics!

Comment

Was going to say the same thing about the welds. Shiny new parts make me happy
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

These are the long tubes, correct? I have a set for my swap, and I'm curious to see the swaybar clearance/modifications necessary. I have THR eyeball arms so I don't think that will be an issue, but I think my ST sways are going to cut it close. Also, weren't people talking about modifying the subframe slightly to make these work?

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Great reference pix!

COTM

Comment

I got mine last week and they looked great!

Originally posted by blunttech
            Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

I've had these on my car for quite some time. Made awesome power. I had to cut the flanges between each port, and bought some spacers a forum-goer had made to lower the swaybar to fit. They barely cleared my THR eyeball arms.

Unless they're using a better quality SS, I highly suggest you paint/ceramic coat them. They tarnish fast. VHT ceramic rattlecans from your local parts place should do nicely.

Comment

Those are all nice tig welds. The other cheapo ebay headers are tig welded at the flanges and shitily (even a word?) welded along the runners. Honestly, The quality of those headers are even better than some renown companies.

Comment

are these just the m50 ones listed on ebay or are these the m54 ones listed?
                  if not, where do they come from? I need to get a set for the swap I am about to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X