Years for Z3 2.8L Alloy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years for Z3 2.8L Alloy

What years of alloy-block 2.8L Z3 engines would be most suitable for an E30 swap? I know the later M54's are out (except for a few brave souls) but don't know if all the M52xx versions were the same. Use small words and explain your answer 'cause I'm not that bright.
    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

1997 to 1998 Z3 2.8. It will have steel liners pressed into the aluminum block, but you can tell it looks like a 96-99 M3/328 engine on top.

A 99 Z3 2.8L will have an M52TU (technical update), which won't work as easily (what I think you're trying to avoid).

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Good luck finding one for sale outside of buying the whole car. These are almost never available, I gave up my search for one a while ago. :(
      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
        Good luck finding one for sale outside of buying the whole car. These are almost never available, I gave up my search for one a while ago. :(
        There's always a couple on eBay, but of questionable condition/completeness, and no way to check them out beforehand. Also close to $3K typically.
        "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Saw one on ebay go for $250. I always wanted to build one with S52 internals but was steered away by others saying it isn't as solid for boost.
          some 98's have M52's and some have TU's. Gotta check the build date or look at the valve cover for single vanos.
          Originally posted by 325Projectz
          don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
          :nice:

Comment

Working...
          X