Modified oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified oil pan

Has anyone found a way to modify a e34 m50 oil pan so it doesnt sit as low? Being on air i cant go any lower because the oil pan is on the ground.
    If the pan could be cut and rewelded so its further up or if metal was welded in to make it bigger width wise to keep the capacity.

Picture is tripping me the fuck out, are you right on the ground, or about an inch over?

Comment

its on the ground

Comment

Wow, that just blew my mind bags or not that's awesome lol.
        :stupid:

Comment

Jesus. But yeah i feel your pan, im not even really considered slammed and i have about an inch, 24v swaps do have there down sides. For me a good skid pan was all i needed.

Comment

i made a skid plate for it but i still wanna shorten it so i can get my front lower and my lip closer to the ground

Comment

You'd have to shorten the pump also, wouldn't you? I haven't done the swap nor am I just from knowing how far the 5 series E34 oil pump sits in my E34 oil pan for my M30 swap I couldn't see making the pan any less deep without modifying the pump.
              89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

thats the other problem , so i thought if i widened the pan instead of just shortening it

Comment

Raise the engine like I did. I believe I got another .5 inches.

Comment

its already spaced up a half inch i forgot to mention that

Comment

Originally posted by wobbie View Post
                      its already spaced up a half inch i forgot to mention that
                      Jesus christ are you tucking rim?

Comment

Pm Sent

Comment

Clearly, you do not live in PA or NJ where the potholes would SWALLOW your ride whole.

Ignore White325is's ride and location, he's just crazy.

Comment

^^ Im on bags as well homie!!
                            The reason I got them was because of PA roads.

Recent photos of the new setup Andrew @ openroadtuning put together for me.
                            Been on bags for a little over a year now. :)

Comment

Its definitely doable. Youll need to look for someone who can weld aluminum well and have some common sense. Im sure you can shorten in about an inch or two and then fab a side kick out to regain the lost oil capacity. Then youll need to shorten your oil pickup tube which isnt hard at all. Or you can go all out and fab up a dry sump setup. Its definitely over kill but itll add some bling factor. lol

It should kinda look like this but shorter of course.
                              Last edited by e46s54dr; 04-18-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X