Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to take the plunge - Alloy block M52B25

Hey guys,

I've been browsing and posting in this forum for a while now and am now succumbing to peer-pressure and going to turn my E30 318iS into a "323iS 24V"

I'm going to purchase an M52 B25 motor, reason is due to the high cost of B28 motors in Australia as well as the fact that we get the Euro-spec alloy block engines here so no M50TU for me! :)

Theres no expertise in Australia to convert delete EWS from OBD2 DMEs so I have to convert the motor to OBD1 and use a 413 ECU - its too much trouble to have one sent over to have deleted in the USA.

Got a good deal with my wrecker who will throw in an M50 inlet manifold, wiring harness and all sensors from an M50TU motor for free too which is good.

Will be using the original G240 gearbox as it bolts straight up and doesn't require stuffing around with bending a shifter linkage and getting a fabricated trans brace. Stock 2.5l engine should be fine with this gearbox me thinks?

Will also use the original 318iS radiator to reduce cost.

Other parts that will also go in at/around the same time will be:

- Uncracked dashboard
    - Immaculate Mtech 1 wheel (my current one is shagged)
    - Bilstein HD Shocks
    - E30 M3 offset bushings
    - New tie rod ends

So the required parts after this will be:

-6 Cylinder springs
    -6 Cylinder instrument cluster (or plug at least)
    -E28 M5 engine mounts for use with E36 engine arms
    -E36 steering rack (not necessary, but hey!)
    -M20 flywheel and clutch
    -Medium case diff (3.62 or 3.73 me thinks)
    -Z3 M rear diff bush

Is there anything else I am missing here or have I made any errors with parts combinations?
    Leo.

E30 318iS, E36 328i

with the getrag 240 from 318is, trans bace, does NOT need to be modified so you are correct there, and shifter linkage from a e30 320i works likes a dream...you seem to be on a good track

I just did both of those myself. No issues at all

Also, get a starter to match the flywheel ( m20 )

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
    X