Need more HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need more HELP

Ok, so i finally got my M50 swapped into my 91 318i, but it wont start. No spark, no fuel injector pulse. I have a custom harness built by EricT. He marked every connector so i couldn't mix anything up and everything is hooked up. I have a total of 4 wires hooked up to power, 2 from the harness and, 1 from the fuse box and one that runs with the fuse box wire coming from the firewall. my 413 dme is out of a 93 525i, not sure if it had ews. So now im stuck. i'm trying to find someone local to let me hook up there dme and see if thats it. Also i have this wire (see picture) on the body side thats was next to m42 dme. my m42 harness has a plug but my new harness doesnt. What is it? also if anyone is local in NY let me know, i may need some help!

Anyone?

Comment

Pretty sure that plug doesn't have anything to do with it. Did you use new sensors? Usually no starts have to do with the DME not registering a rotating engine. Crank sensor too far away or bad may be the cause. Resistance on it should be in the low 500's. Start there. also make sure you have all of the grounds done. DME is grounded on the pass shock tower, Engine on the pass side frame, injectors usually on the Vanos solenoid, 2 for the Coils, and even more for the starter and harness.

Originally posted by Roysneon
      $5 shipped?
      Originally posted by MarkD
      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Working...
      X