No announcement yet.

Official Electric Fan wiring thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run a fused power wire (power applied when ign switch is on) to 85. Then run the ground wire from 86 to your switch (other wire of switch just runs to chassis ground). That way your switch is grounding the replay and you dont have long runs of 12v + power wire.

Comment

Hello this is an older thread but maybe someone will see it and be able to help me out. I have followed all the steps to get my fan to work and there is no luck whatsoever. I have an s52 e30 1989 so late model with the AC fan plug under the drivers side headlight. I get power to the green/black wire to the fan switch, no power to the black/brown and when I tie them together I should get power to the brown ground wire in the fan plug on the chassis and that is the case I get 12v with key ON, but my problem is I do not get power to the blue wire when the fan switch wires are shorted together. I checked my relays and swapped them around with one another and unless all my relays are kaput I have no idea what’s going on. To my knowledge I have good ground and the fan does work when I plug it in directly to the battery. I’m not sure if it matters but the ECU and engine harness are not hooked up so maybe that is my issue but again I’m not sure.

Comment

Saving this for later. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X