Ghost problems, NEED HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost problems, NEED HELP

My S50 swap has been done for about a month or so now and it keeps giving me "ghost" issues. The first problem I was having was the speedometer A signal fail. Swapped a few clusters and finally found the right combo and learned that if I drove the car easy for 30mins-1hr that fail wouldn't pop up anymore. Next I started getting a lambda control pos. 1 (O2 sensor). The car would sputter and buck and run like ass until I went WOT and then it seemed like it cleared it up until I turned the car off and let it sit for ~30mins. I swapped the o2 sensor with a known good one and it ran perfectly for a day and I drove her the next morning and the same sputtering and spitting popped up. All while doing this whenever the CEL is on the power drops off around 5500rpm and will completely stop and not pull anymore at around 6500. My redline is set at 7250. I've reset the ECU countless times and she will run good for about 10mins or until I give it one good pull. Another thing she is doing is if the CEL is off and been running fine for a few mins the light will come on and if I give it a small rev will go back off. If anyone has had the same issues and knows what my fix is PLEASE enlighten me bc I am boggled out of my mind.

at one point in time you reversed the polarity on the harness or on the battery, burning up the MAF sensor. Put another MAF sensor and see if that is the problem.

Comment

Is there any way to fix that w/o having to buy that 200$ part? Lol

Comment

Ghosts are not real.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Yes huh!!!!! My car has one living in it!!!

Comment

not real

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Well whatever it was has been exorcised from my car for the time being. Knock on wood.

Comment

told you they weren't real.

you're welcome.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon
                  $5 shipped?
                  Originally posted by MarkD
                  You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Ok
                    NASA
                    BMWCCA member
                    PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                    1997 M3 sedan
                    2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

NASA
                      BMWCCA member
                      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                      1997 M3 sedan
                      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

It actually hadn't been exorcised but I did finally figure it out a few weeks ago. The tune I had was for a 3" MAF and I have a 3.5". So the ecu and car were freaking out. Most certainly not a ghost! :D thanks for everyone's help!

Comment

Working...
                        X