new cam install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new cam install

I have a set of new cams I'm trying to install and ran across a problem I can't find help for. The gear on the intake cam. How does that come off? Is it just on the old cam super tight, or is there a trick to getting it off? I've tried my 3/8 and 1/2" electric impacts and it ain't budging.

Help?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

No trick, and it shouldnt be on that tight.
    [PAKSIW]
    20D .........
    vmwerks :up:
    ryan gmw :up:

Comment

damn. must be locktited in then. i just tried a breaker bar and holding the other side with a wrench. still nothing.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Dam. If I was local I would help.
        [PAKSIW]
        20D .........
        vmwerks :up:
        ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Heat? The nut on the back of the zf trans won't budge for anything. Add a little heat and it comes right off.

Comment

you need an air impact. and it is supposed to be on there that tight.

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
            X