m52b28 advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m52b28 advice

I am planing on doing this major project on an e30 with an m52b28 engine... there are couple of things that i am not sure and want some advice if possibile...
    I decided to go with the 2.8 engine and keep it NA (no budget for the euro 3.2 ) ... now what got me confused... some guy has and 2.8 5 series BMW, double vanos... the car pulls really nice and the tourque down low is nice ... if i put a 2.8 double Vanos engine in the e30 can i put the us m3 cams to get more then 210 whp with headers , intake , exhaust and some software ....? If not what are my options for this Double Vanos engine ... is it worth having the newer engine ?
    If i wan't to make it a new engine ... does it require pistons and rings ...? or just rings are enough? where to buy pistons? does anybody make high compresiion pistons for the m52 ... need some advice... please excuse my english

Hope to get some answers ... i appreciate guys

It would be easier to just run the m52 with single vanos and do the s52 cams and 3.5hfm along with a software upgrade. I am running this setup and its got plenty of power for a daily. I wouldn't worry about upgrading internals unless you are planning on boosting it down the road.

Comment

Just do the S52 cams and HFM, and if you are already, do a m50 intake manifold.

The double vanos M52b28tu is just like a M54 and the cams will not work. Its also a lot more work to swap that engine.

Comment

thanks guys for the quick reply... i asked about the internals of the engine... because i found a m52 single vanos that has allo of miles on it and want to change internals ... ho makes some quality pistons and rings ... ?

Comment

Working...
        X