Harmonic balancers and such.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmonic balancers and such.

My car has had a misfire/idle problem for a long time and after much troubleshooting i feel like i might be on to something.

When re-timing the engine I put a screwdriver in cyl 1 to find TDC and put the flywheel locking pin in, HOWEVER, the TDC mark on the harmonic balancer does NOT line up with the mark on the timing cover. I feel like this might have something to do with the problem. I believe the orientation of the missing teeth is still the same as an all stock m50.

FYI it's an m52 bottom end and m50 everything else.

I've replaced every sensor etc.

Anyone have any insight on different harmonic balancers on m52 vs m50 and such?
    Last edited by Knoepfler; 08-15-2011, 09:12 PM.

Woodruff key

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
      Woodruff key
      If that's the little pin that sticks into the balancer where it mounts so that it can only go one way than its still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Knoepfler View Post
        If that's the little pin that sticks into the balancer where it mounts so that it can only go one way than its still there.
        Nope it's the key that holds the crank hub in place

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Sounds like that may be my problem. Also sounds like its kind of a bitch

Comment

Working...
          X