Noobs Guide to a 24v swap. (WIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Yes, please...
    I'm about to start my S52 OBDI swap into my current e30 M50NV.
    Any additional info would help... thanks in advance
    "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

A few things to add.

Here is my DIY - 24V straight shifter swap - this is to make sure your shifter doesnt sit at an angle.

Here is my exhaustive list of steps for remove M20 and isntalling M50 - this includes part number, pricing, and explicit steps, as well as several notes that no one really ever mentions.

Link
      CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
      For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Haven't seen this before, great info it's very informative, thanks for bumping it!
        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I have a dilemma , and I think it would pertain to this section but My zf that came with my s50 is fitting correctly with the my e30 325e transmission mount :( do I need a custom mount? I hear that the later zfs are fine with it it I hear nothing of earlier zfs

Comment

Hey dave, if you're doing an OBD1 conversion, do you require an OBD1 MAF at all? or can you run the obd2 one?

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
            M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Kamotors CAI, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
            Bilstein Sports with H&R Race + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1), 3.15 Z3 torsen LSD
            Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
            RESPECT YOUR ELDERS. Decals for Sale!

Comment

Originally posted by egye30 View Post
              Hey dave, if you're doing an OBD1 conversion, do you require an OBD1 MAF at all? or can you run the obd2 one?
              Will need OBDI MAF.
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Funny how you give a seemingly objective comparison of OBD1 conversion vs OBD2 for the swaps here, and now you're so anti-OBD1 that you even put it in your sig!
                Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                  Full Product Line Tuning
                  OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Working...
                    X