Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ouch! Blew my S14 motor today. What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or.....

you could really go against the grain and build an M42 turbo engine.

http://www.hqautosport.com/story.html

More power than a NA S50 but less weight.

http://www.hqautosport.com/dyno_results_2.html

Comment

Thank you for all the responses. I prefer staying with the original S14 motor, but the thought of more power and easier swaps going forward is intriguing. I dont know how much value a race-only E30 M3 has really, so will a properly done swap hurt it that much? I dont think I would do it myself. Any suggestions for a good shop in the Chicago Il, or Palm Springs CA area that has done this work before? I am also thiking about selling the car with the bad motor. It is in very good condition otherwise and has a couple of nice spares.

Comment

Dedicated to Euro motors, S54 transplants , S54 swaps, electric power steering and other BMW and DTA tuning projects including drive by wire delete

Comment

Let me know if you want to sell it with the blown engine, you can email me a t biaguessa@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
            As rare as E30 M3 cars are it has always seemed to me to be a shame to risk one on the track. It will get destroyed. In a like manner an all orginal M3 is worth far more than one with a bastard engine. For a few thou one can make a coupe or sedan E30 into a real track rat that is nearly as much fun as an M3 (and sometimes moreso). And if you wad it up you can replace the body for a few hundred.
            some might say driving on the street is more of a risk than driving on the track...
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Tapeman View Post
              Thank you for all the responses. I prefer staying with the original S14 motor, but the thought of more power and easier swaps going forward is intriguing. I dont know how much value a race-only E30 M3 has really, so will a properly done swap hurt it that much? I dont think I would do it myself. Any suggestions for a good shop in the Chicago Il, or Palm Springs CA area that has done this work before? I am also thiking about selling the car with the bad motor. It is in very good condition otherwise and has a couple of nice spares.
              if you are in Chicagoland, give Alex @ ABL a call. He will understand your situation.

S54 is the hot replacement motor for an S14; unless you wish to spring for a EVO2 2.5 S14, its almost pointless to keep running S14 when you have S54's avail in modern condition :)

any single throttle non ITB motor would be a waste of a e30m chassis IMO. I'd rather have a S14 than any s50/52 US spec for sure.
              Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-27-2011, 10:48 AM.
              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
              X