WAR Chip- Worth it with a NV M50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR Chip- Worth it with a NV M50?

I bought an NV M50, which is what I had before in my last car, but this time I wanted more power, but I got a great deal on this NV M50 so I really couldn't pass it.
    Anyway, it sucks cause trying to find already grounded cams for it is hard, I would have to send an intake cam to get grinded which is okay.
    I'm thinking messing around with timing, but I'm questioning if the WAR chip is worth it?
    I'm definitely going turbo soon enough, but is it worth it for an N/A application?
    Thanks buds.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

I don't care for the WAR chip. I have never used one, but some of the tuners I have talked to assure me that it is nothing special. It's not like it is a magic chip that gives you loads of power. I also wouldn't mess with the timing. You can retard or advance, and with that you will only gain top end HP or low end TQ.

If you really want more power, just save all your money for F1. Other than that, sell the m50 and buy an s5x.
    -tim
    Originally posted by Jordan
    I like the stance
    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Loose the M50NV.

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        Loose the M50NV.
        This. You'll gain so much with Vanos and more displacement.
        -tim
        I like the stance

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
          ...but some of the tuners I have talked to assure me that it is nothing special. It's not like it is a magic chip that gives you loads of power...
          You are right, it isn't some magic chip that will give you more power than any other chip out right out of the box BUT it is better than all the other chips out there for the simple fact YOU have control of the tune.

You don't have to buy another chip if you modify your car further and you can store 4 different tunes on the one chip to use whenever you want. It give you more flexibility than any other chip out there right now.

That all being said, we don't have a massive support base for the NV stuff. We have enough to get you going and it would be easy enough for you to massage you tune as you go if you do plan on modifying your VANOS engine instead of swaping to a VANOS power plant.

Comment

No OBD2 no care. Technica is my drug of choice.
            Originally posted by 325Projectz
            don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
            :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by brody View Post
              You are right, it isn't some magic chip that will give you more power than any other chip out right out of the box BUT it is better than all the other chips out there for the simple fact YOU have control of the tune.

You don't have to buy another chip if you modify your car further and you can store 4 different tunes on the one chip to use whenever you want. It give you more flexibility than any other chip out there right now.
              Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your product. It is a fair software choice. I just like to keep everyone level headed. Obviously no chip will give immense gains.
              -tim
              I like the stance

Comment

Buy the timing bits and a vanos and a vanos harness. VOILA. More power. Then get a tune.
                Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
                Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
                Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

Originally posted by jrdeamicis View Post
                  Buy the timing bits and a vanos and a vanos harness. VOILA. More power. Then get a tune.
                  This seems like the best bet...
                  Originally posted by TSI
                  ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                  OEM+

Comment

I'm pretty sure with TRM any chip you buy can be traded back at full price towards another one.

So get an off the shelf tune for the NVm50, then when it's time to turbo - trade it in towards their turbo tune package.

Comment

Working...
                    X