M52B28 swap help and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52B28 swap help and advice

so im picking up a complete 1998 e36 328is autotragic m52b28 parts car, a friend and i are spliting up the parts, He wants the rolling shell, and i will take the motor etc... So i will have a complete car to pull EVERYTHING i NEED

I was going to throw in an SR in my e30, But im picking this 24valve lump up for cheap and when i mean cheap, I MEAN CHEAP. like the whole car for 500 bux believe it or not, thats why im jumping on this live.

I did a bit of research up on AKG, they have shit listed for m50 swaps, but are those parts good for the m52 as well ???

I know there is a shit load of info for these swaps. its a bit overwhelming. But has anyone done an m52b28 swap yet up on here?

as far as i know, i will need the following based on the M50 swap:

1. akg e34 or e28 motor mounts ??
    2. i was thinking of shifting my B booster like 1/2 -1 inch to the left???
    3. e36 325i trans,
    4. e36 m3 shift linkage/lever
    5. '91 e34 525 oil pan , dip stick
    6. custom exhaust ( whatever)
    7. akg harness adapter
    8. M50 intake manifold
    9. Active Autowerks ecu flash ( fuck that security BS)

Anything else would be appreciated.

oil pump??

i heard something about some cams that would wake up this shit even more????
    my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Originally posted by sweet6e30 View Post
    so im picking up a complete 1998 e36 328is autotragic m52b28 parts car, a friend and i are spliting up the parts, He wants the rolling shell, and i will take the motor etc... So i will have a complete car to pull EVERYTHING i NEED

I was going to throw in an SR in my e30, But im picking this 24valve lump up for cheap and when i mean cheap, I MEAN CHEAP. like the whole car for 500 bux believe it or not, thats why im jumping on this live.

I did a bit of research up on AKG, they have shit listed for m50 swaps, but are those parts good for the m52 as well ???

I know there is a shit load of info for these swaps. its a bit overwhelming. But has anyone done an m52b28 swap yet up on here?

as far as i know, i will need the following based on the M50 swap:

1. akg e34 or e28 motor mounts ??
    2. i was thinking of shifting my B booster like 1/2 -1 inch to the left???
    3. e36 325i trans,
    4. e36 m3 shift linkage/lever
    5. '91 e34 525 oil pan , dip stick
    6. custom exhaust ( whatever)
    7. akg harness adapter
    8. M50 intake manifold
    9. Active Autowerks ecu flash ( fuck that security BS)

Anything else would be appreciated.

oil pump??

i heard something about some cams that would wake up this shit even more????
    Are you going to keep the engine as OBD1 or run it as OBD2? If you are converting to OBD1 you will need OBD1 knock sensors as well as a few other parts. What transmission is in your car now? If it's a G260 you can use that for the swap with modified shift linkage.
    I used a modded e21 brake booster for my swap. I think you can notch the firewall for the stock booster but i'm unsure if I would do that.

S52 cams and a good tune make for a fun motor with not a lot of money invested. There is lots more info on this swap on the board as well. If you have other questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

I can modify your original m52 harness and ecu to plug and play without any issues. Feel free to give me a call, I can also prob answer your questions ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

what id like to do is keep my existing e30 cluster and everything as is in the cabin and run the new motor. i have a g260 right now, finding quality bimmer parts in a scrapper is no prob if i need anything, friend of the family owns a high end euro scrapper so nothing is shit there!! so a zf e36 trans is no prob. but i did read up on just having to modify the shifter arm angle and keep the g260.

I will be taking the obd2 full exhaust as well, so keeping it obd2 is no prob, i am going to modify the exhaust anyways. Ill just take the ews box and all the under dash goodies too

thanks for the offers to help.

definetly be doing the s52 cams and m50 intake manifold, i have the winter to build/refresh this engine.

BTW, I just read 328ijunkie's write up, THANK YOU SO MUCH, things are much clearer.
        Last edited by sweet6e30; 10-20-2011, 04:44 PM.
        my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

Working...
        X