M50V swap issues...oh the horror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50V swap issues...oh the horror.

Hey r3v, major n00b here. Got some questions as I'm getting ready to try and button things up on my swap. Dave over at markert motor works has been a huge help, but I already harass the hell out of him. First off,
    I'm retarded and didn't take pics when removing my manifold, ie wiring, I'm not 100% on half o the plugs block side (Dave labeled the harness) vacuum lines, etc. is there ANY kind of guide to throwing this all back on? I bought a Haynes, and that is only partially helpful. This all feeds into my next issue, not knowing which temp sensor plug to pull and replace with the brown e30 one. There are two from my m10 block, one darker brown, the other lighter. The darker one is giant, and will not fit. So I'm hoping it's the other, does it go in the place of the blue m50 sensor? Or the black.

Next...I have the m42 rad, I need the correct fan/clutch to finish this bit of the setup. I've been told to go electric, but at this point I just want to get the damned thing running. So what is the best mechanical fan, and does anyone have one they can sell me???

This is all I can think of as of now. Hopefully my shift linkage problems will be settled soon (I'm not completely helpless lol) but I'm just getting frustrated, throwing it out on the board, and hoping I get a little mercy haha. Maybe some other noobs will learn from my dumb questions.

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
    Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
    Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

You take the single pole(1 wire) temp sensor from the M10, and replace the black one on the engine... the blue one should be left as it is for the engine computer. And yeah, the temp sensor will screw right into the head if its the correct one.

Stock M50 fan clutch setup works....IIRC its the same as the M20 one... no clue on the M10...

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Email/call me sometime tomorrow and ill get everything figured out for you. You first off want to get a late model M20 temp sensor as your M10 one IIRC is the wrong size.

Again. Run the stock electric fan before you stick a clutch fan in there. It will only cause you issues.

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
      X