$3700 for s50 motor and tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3700 for s50 motor and tranny?

Is this a decent deal? the setup has 120,000 miles. should I stay away from any sellers that can't provide a compression test and leak down results?

It's always a good idea to do your own tests unless you truely trust the person your buying from. It doesn't sound like too bad of a deal as long as thier in good shape for the miles. Does that include the harness and ECU or anything?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

your gay, and so is your conversion :)

that does sound like a good price though, would like to have a compression check on any motor you're buying though. Cheap and easy insurance...kind of
      Last edited by 1990m3; 09-26-2005, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I don't know. Seems pretty high considering the mileage.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Are there any good sources in the midwest for S50's

Comment

It seems like s50's are becoming like s14's in that their almost as expensive as the entire m3 they came out of.

Comment

Seems high to me, that is what I paid for mine, shipped with 54k.

Beau
              1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Agreed, 4k for mine with 60k shipped, with tranny, harness, ecu, and 3.73lsd E30 diff...
                Originally posted by Simon S
                When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

The catch is the midwest. I got one with half those miles and wholly complete just like Mtriple for that money. However I had to then spend $300 freighting it from Florida.

Can they provide any history on the motor? Mine was out of an M3 that was tagged on the drivers side rear fubaring the unibody. The car had records and all that jazz.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X