328i drive shaft 4 door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

328i drive shaft 4 door?

will a drive shaft from a 4 door 328i work for a zf trans in an e30? i cant seem to find anything about a 4 door driveshaft working. I've just read people saying "328i driveshaft."

I've found a 4 door DS on craigslist and want to jump on it if it would work. its the last part i need to finish my swap.
    1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

E36 328i coupe and sedan have the same driveshaft
    sigpic

Comment

ok great. thanks for the clarification.

Comment

i just talked with an auto sales guy and he was adamant about telling me that the drive shaft was different from manual to automatic. I was under the impression this was not true...

can someone clarify this please?

edit: part # from automatic transmission. :26 11 1 227 612

will this work?
        Last edited by SwiftE30; 12-07-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Automatic trans are longer than the manual trans as I recall. So its a no go, you need a manual driveshaft. Or you can use your stock driveshaft in junction with the new revshift guibo which adapts the small flange driveshaft to the large output flange.

Comment

Revshift is a performance engineering and manufacturing company located in Metro Detroit, MI. Our parts are designed and manufactured under one roof. We design, engineer, and test the parts ourselves. Engine / motor mounts, bushings, suspension for BMW E28, E30, E34, E36, E46, E8X, E9X, F22, F32, F8X, Z3, Z4, N54.

Awesome! Already bought it! that makes things a lot easier. thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Real oem gives the length in mm in the description of the driveshaft.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I'm going to go with the revshift guibo/flex disc. luckily i didnt sell my original e30 drive shaft so i can still use that. i just need to figure out the shifter carrier now. my e36 m3 one does not seem to fit. its too short. thanks for the info though.

Comment

I have the revshift driveshaft coupler also. Make sure your driveshaft and trans output shaft is properly aligned and leveled or else you will get some vibrations.

Comment

If youre using a ZF trans, stock ZF shifter components should line up perfect.

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                    Full Product Line Tuning
                    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                      I have the revshift driveshaft coupler also. Make sure your driveshaft and trans output shaft is properly aligned and leveled or else you will get some vibrations.
                      How do you like it? Im hoping i'll be happy with it. I know that you can get the driveshafts properly balanced from a driveline shop, but how are you supposed to get the trans output shaft leveled?

And if its still the stock e30 driveshaft should i have to get that leveled? or is it ok to just use it as it is?

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                      If youre using a ZF trans, stock ZF shifter components should line up perfect.
                      Yeah i figured out that i am missing a metal piece that hooks to the body and the shift carrier. Its like a triangle/square metal shroud type thing. Ive been told a bunch that the zf carrier will work but as of right now its a few inches too short, but i found a pic that has the metal shroud thing and i know i dont have that so im assumign thats what im missing.

thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X