E30 S50 Swap - O2 Relay Issue, Diag Port Issue, Breakup Issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • berlow94
    replied
    A good read: http://www.aceperformancesystems.com...able-blending/

    Leave a comment:


  • berlow94
    replied
    Yeah but the cost of building a high compression S50? You can get a PnP Link ecu with VE fueling for under $2k. It's insurance for all that shiny high compression hardware.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • vitiokas95
    replied
    Originally posted by berlow94
    Get rid of the "war" chip and get a real standalone ECU. You would have been able to identify the problem in under 2 minutes. Why spend all that money on the hardware that goes into a high compression S50 and then run it with BS electronics???

    Yeah but cost of standalone....

    Leave a comment:


  • berlow94
    replied
    Get rid of the "war" chip and get a real standalone ECU. You would have been able to identify the problem in under 2 minutes. Why spend all that money on the hardware that goes into a high compression S50 and then run it with BS electronics???

    Leave a comment:


  • vitiokas95
    replied
    Originally posted by dubseven
    Update: The 6300-6500rpm problem was a failing VSS in the diff. Got a tune with it deleted, and problem is GONE!

    Idle is still a little rough, but not bad, need to put a wideband on it, I suspect its just a little lean.
    I know it is old tread, but would you share who sold you tune with VSS delete? I think I have same problem on my race car, I can only rev up to 6200-6400, very rarely over 7k

    Leave a comment:


  • dubseven
    replied
    Its apart getting boosted right now ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Beej '86 325es
    replied
    Originally posted by ar design
    Idle is still a little rough, but not bad, need to put a wideband on it, I suspect its just a little lean.
    any update?

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    so what happened with the sputtering and loss of power that seemed like the fuel pump dying? It was the VSS?

    Leave a comment:


  • dubseven
    replied
    Update: The 6300-6500rpm problem was a failing VSS in the diff. Got a tune with it deleted, and problem is GONE!

    Idle is still a little rough, but not bad, need to put a wideband on it, I suspect its just a little lean.

    Leave a comment:


  • AldcE30
    replied
    what connecton harness are you using

    Leave a comment:


  • 328ijunkie
    replied
    yeah check your x20/c101

    Leave a comment:


  • brody
    replied
    Yah send it over anyway just to make sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • dubseven
    replied
    Edited my post above. But yes, pretty sure its correct, I will be going back through it tomorrow if I get time. FWIW, car ran just fine for some time before this started happening.

    Leave a comment:


  • nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by ar design
    I have constant power, but no switched 12v.
    Have you verified that your wiring at the C101/X20 is correct?

    Leave a comment:


  • dubseven
    replied
    I need to re-check the diag connector. It did have constant 12v, but INPA showed no ignition on (switched 12v), but I dont remember if I checked it with a meter. I tried manually jumpering 12v into pin 16 on the diagnostic port, but INPA still didn't show ignition. Ill check it with a meter tomorrow at the shop.

    Leave a comment:

Working...