I NEED HELP. S50 Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I NEED HELP. S50 Content

So my pos daily truck broke down last night, and now i have no car. I want to get my s50e30 up in running so i can have a car for my 20 mile commute to school and so i can drive it on my birthday next week. Only problem is if started it would drive, which it doesnt.

For the life of me I can't seem to get this thing to start! The engine doesnt get fuel when the key is in start, but it gets fuel when I add power to the fuel pump. Along with that there is no spark (jumped the fuel pump to run when key is in start, and no engine fire). I have replaced the crankshaft postion sensor, have used 2 dme's (413 red), replaced the relays, and checked fuses.

Could my camshaft position sensor or knock sensors be the issue? Trying to get this thing running by sunday, it been way too long since i have started this project.

Any help is appreciated!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
    RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

have you triple checked all your grounds and power wires from the harness? sounds like your whole harness isnt getting any power. most of the time people mistake a power wire for a ground wire because it is black coming out of the harness. (battery side)
    1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftE30 View Post
      have you triple checked all your grounds and power wires from the harness? sounds like your whole harness isnt getting any power. most of the time people mistake a power wire for a ground wire because it is black coming out of the harness. (battery side)
      +1 million faffillion gazillion.
      Originally posted by 325Projectz
      don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
      :nice:

Comment

do your relays click when the key is turned on?
        '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

ECU grounded? That was my problem for the no fuel part..

Comment

C101 wiring?

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Tried my hardest, couldnt get it to start. Fml time for a shop and a lot of money to be thrown away

Comment

any chance the crank pos. and cam pos. sensor plugs were switched?

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftE30 View Post
                  This. Mine was doing that same thing as yours, I had grounded both of my wires, when one is powered and the other is ground.
                  REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

I have every casing off the harness so wire colors show. There is no ground wire being powered or visa versa

Comment

What about Erik ? (from your sig) Is he not available to look it over with you?
                      He's got enough sense to figure it out.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

What have you checked over? Did you triple and quadruple check your harness adapter (if you made one) for correct connections and whatnot? from what motor/car did your engine harness come from? Its always the small shit that delays you after the major parts are done..

Comment

Ews delete chip? All your c101 connections as they should be? Grounds?

My issues were incredibly similar and were resolved via a new Ews delete chip from turner motorsports.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                          Sounds like you need a massage.
                          Originally posted by kpeng
                          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                          X