Drive shaft help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive shaft help?

I know this topic has been covered numerous times but no one has a solid answer on this. Will a 99 AUTO M3 drive shaft mount to a ZF 24v? Is the auto drive shaft longer?

What other options are available? I heard the E46 328i drive shaft is another option?

I know the E30 M3 drive shaft will work.
    I know the MANUAL 97-99 E36 328/M3 will work.

Thanks.

From what I read while researching for my swap, auto ds will not work. They are longer I believe. Some eta ds will work as well.

Edit: I also thought it was 96 to 98 328/M3. Regardless, the key here is 4 bolt diff flange, 148xmm length, no CV, and 3 bolt trans flange (96mm for zf)
    Last edited by brokenbimmer533; 02-13-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

autos are way SHORTER..

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        autos are way SHORTER..
        Yep. My M50 swap confirms this for me.
        REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Okay. Thanks.

Comment

Ooops my bad. Sorry for the wrong information. Longer/shorter...won't work regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by M///BMW View Post
              I know this topic has been covered numerous times but no one has a solid answer on this. Will a 99 AUTO M3 drive shaft mount to a ZF 24v? Is the auto drive shaft longer?

What other options are available? I heard the E46 328i drive shaft is another option?

I know the E30 M3 drive shaft will work.
              I know the MANUAL 97-99 E36 328/M3 will work.

Thanks.
              the 97-99 M3 needs to be a 4bolt. most of them were 6bolt rear ends. so make sure you know that. and then check out the revshift new 24v swap guibo..
              Revshift is a performance engineering and manufacturing company located in Metro Detroit, MI. Our parts are designed and manufactured under one roof. We design, engineer, and test the parts ourselves. Engine / motor mounts, bushings, suspension for BMW E28, E30, E34, E36, E46, E8X, E9X, F22, F32, F8X, Z3, Z4, N54.

allows you to keep the e30 DS. i found this to be way easier and cost effective.
              1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

Comment

E36 318Ti and 325I drive shafts will work with a custom hanger bearing mount.
                Function.
                Form.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JdmEuroNorth View Post
                  E36 318Ti and 325I drive shafts will work with a custom hanger bearing mount.
                  Learned something new today. Thanks.

Has anyone heard of the E46 328i driveshaft being a mate for 24v's?

Comment

Working...
                  X