Engine Shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Shims

Just put the motor back in the other day and my clearances were pretty good all around using the stock S52 M3 Header and Down Pipe. However the down pipe was about 2mm from the frame and just touching the sway bar and about the same to the e36 rack (shimmed half under and half over). My question is I tried shimming the motor this morning, my spacer is 8.25mm it seemed to help a lot all around, but will it create other problems. I like the extra ground clearance. Also I shimmed under the arms would under the mounts be better. The car is a 91 318is, S52, e28 535 mounts.

Thanks

Use as little shims as possible as it will eat up the motor mounts quicker and yes shim inbetween motor arm and mount.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Thanks Junkie appreciate the quick answer, by the way your harness made all the connections so easy, the labeling of the connectors alone was worth the price, the workmanship was really good. Thank Again

Comment

Very welcome! Let me know if i can help you out with anything else!

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
        X