What's Your M50 or S50 E30 Mpg??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Your M50 or S50 E30 Mpg??

Title pretty much says it all, what current mpg are you getting on your swapped s50, s52, m50, m52 etc. I'm really curious to know. I'm currently in the market for a donor so I'm curious what i should expect. trying to hold out for a lower miles s50/52 but because of my impatience i may just go with a m50. Just want to know what to expect. Oh and of-course, what gearing are you using?

It's hard to get an accurate MPG when the gas pedal is floored all the time !

I'll report back when I start driving normally, and 3.15 or 3.23 are the best gearing with zf IMO
    Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
    1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

With all new sensors, perfect compression, a 2.79 and a getrag 240, and light foot, I'm getting 31mpg at 70mph indicated, M50NV. No exaggeration. Though in city I'm getting ~20ish. I drive a bit more aggressively and I have a vacuum leak at the booster so my idle is not the best.
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
        With all new sensors, perfect compression, a 2.79 and a getrag 240, and light foot, I'm getting 31mpg at 70mph indicated, M50NV. No exaggeration. Though in city I'm getting ~20ish. I drive a bit more aggressively and I have a vacuum leak at the booster so my idle is not the best.

Oh wow. thats quite impressive!

Comment

Its a M50NV though.

Last E30 was an S50, OBD1, 3.73, 6 speed, 2500#. I got 27 on the freeway.
          Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
          Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
          Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

M50NV, 2.93 in the rear with a G260. I get 24 around town if I keep my foot out of it. 19 if I keep my foot in it, and 30-32 on the freeway. 30 mpg if I'm cruising at 70 mph. If I slow down to like 65 or 55 I get even better.

Comment

S50 w/Schrick cams, 540 AFM, TMS injectors & tune, headers averages 23 MPG but I do get on it from time to time. Mileage is 100k.

Comment

M50NV, 3.73 rear end, G240, std. injectors, dodgy chinese spark plugs which are getting the fuck outta there asap, exhaust/custom extractors. 21mpg around town, 33.6mpg on the freeway (62mph). I have a bit of a lead foot around town since the swap is recent and feeling the torque makes me jizzle.

Also.. How the fuck do you guys move at all with such tall gearing?! jesus!

Should be noted that my fuel gauge is a bit retarded - the right half of the gauge goes down quite slowly, then the second half goes down like a missile (and this is taking into the account the different scaling of each half) - so my readings are probably a bit funky. And whenever the red light comes on I still have ~8 litres in the tank. Retarded.

Comment

In 50/50 mixed use, about 19.
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                  2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                  1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                  1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                  - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                  1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                  Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

S50 3.23 Mainly city, i calculated 21mpg
                    Last edited by duckBoy; 04-17-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

kept a close record the legitimate way (amount of gas in, mileage recorded) while on a 2500 mile road trip to see what was really going on (obc = liar)

with my m50 + g260 + 3.25 i got 27.5mpg overall (90% hwy/10% city)
                      this was an average of 8 tanks of gas (330miles per tank or so) with the best section being 29 mpg, worst was 24 (different drivers, different slope, etc)
                      this is with 300lbs extra of gear + passenger + full tank at the start of every section

by myself, half tank, empty car (normal DD conditions) would probably be 29mpg hwy

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
                        Is your econometer calibrated for the swap? I remember reading somewhere that the econometer is definitely incorrect for the 24v swap.
                        2008 335i - n54b30
                        1991 318i - m52b28
                        1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I'm getting about 18mpg with my S52. I haven't done a long trip in some time but my highway mileage doesn't seem to be that great either.

Going to get the injectors flow matched and will replace my fuel filter.

3.25LSD with a ZF320.
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
                            Is your econometer calibrated for the swap? I remember reading somewhere that the econometer is definitely incorrect for the 24v swap.
                            I don't rely on the econometer. I say indicated because my speedo is off due to wheel diameter.
                            Originally posted by TSI
                            ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                            OEM+

Comment

NV M50 + G260 + 3.73lsd = 26mpg on highway - most of the way @ 80mpg ~3500 rpm
                              CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                              For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Working...
                              X