What was on when you put it in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was on when you put it in?

Wondering what you guys leave on the motor when you put it in the car.
    The first time I did it I had just the block and head basically, along with the front end parts (alternator ect) I didn't have the brake booster one either.
    Last night I put one in with the wiring harness, all of the fuel lines, the power steering lines, the intake manifold on, the oil pan on, along with the intake boot, MAF and sensors. The brake booster was also in this time but the first time was a cake walk and I did it by myself, but last night was not so easy. The transmission was on both times.
    What did you leave on when you put the motor in?

I'm putting my M50 in next week, I had planned to take the intake boot and MAF off and leave everything else.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I left my intake manifold and wiring harness off. I would have had an easier time if I took off the ac compressor. I do wish I put my eBay rep headers on before dropping it in. The long tubes were a b**** to bolt on afterwards.

Comment

bare block basically. Wiring was installed in the car already, and the trans installed, but that was about it.
        I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

I left my headers off

Comment

I left everything on, including the tranny, only took off the maf and intake boot. Did it all myself, took less than an hour.

Comment

How do you get the headers on with the motor in lol.

Comment

I have OBD2 manifolds they connect to the downpipes before the subframe

Comment

I have the long tube ss reps, didn't out them on the motor when I put it in.

Comment

Intake boot off, PS pulley off

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                      I have the long tube ss reps, didn't out them on the motor when I put it in.
                      SS headers are not long tubes, imo I had m20 bavauto headers and the collectors were under the car

Comment

i left the ebay long tubes on the motor when i put it in. kinda was a bitch but it went in ok. p/s pump had to come off. im gad i did it that way. they would be a mfer to put on in the car

Comment

I got mine on, had to drop the sway bar and disconnected the control arm to get them in lol.

Comment

Everything but A/C:

Comment

Everything minus intake.

That was a full S50 with a 6 Speed, with harness and ACC.
                              Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
                              Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
                              Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

Working...
                              X