No announcement yet.

6 fun new parts for my M52B28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be making a adapter plate out of aluminium. It'll probably be water-jet cut, then use a dremel to port the adapter to mate the smaller M52 oval ports to the larger S52 oval ports on the TBs. If the budget allows, I'd like to just have it CNC machined to perfection in one hit...but that'll be quite expensive I think.

For me here in Australia, the matching euro S52 head would be thousands of dollars. I'm also not sure if the euro S52 head would even bolt onto an M50/52 block (so that'd include the USA S50/52 blocks)??? I've always been under the impression that the Euro M3 engines don't really share anything with the M50/52s or USA S50/52s...but I don't know that for sure.

Comment

yeah....

i wouldnt try to adapt a euro head to a us block. I haven't seen the euro counterpart inperson, or differences even in picture... but they're probably quite different. If somehow they did work, it would only be with the 3.0 head, seeing as the 3.2 is double vanos, with different oil passages.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
      On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
      BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

I'd be interested in the CF airbox for s50 e30s.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Euro head will not fit M50 block, I believe oil galleries and water jackets do not line up.

Comment

1. look cool, 2. killer induction noise.
            two awesome reasons to get ITBs.

Comment

Hahaha...yes...but only when they're right price ;)

Comment

Here is the problem you are going to run into.

Originally posted by DaveCN
                Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

Not sure what that diagram is from, but the euro M3 TBs are cast and ported to an oval shape (not figure eight)...and the intake ports on the M52 are also oval. That diagram looks to me like it's S38 TBs to M20 or M30 head???? My adapter plate only has to convert big oval to small oval, and sort out the mounting lugs.

BTW...just got my hands on the TBs...they are huuuuuuuge!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew325is
                    Not sure what that diagram is from, but the euro M3 TBs are cast and ported to an oval shape (not figure eight)...and the intake ports on the M52 are also oval. That diagram looks to me like it's S38 TBs to M20 or M30 head???? My adapter plate only has to convert big oval to small oval, and sort out the mounting lugs.

BTW...just got my hands on the TBs...they are huuuuuuuge!

Hummmmm. That diagram more or less just shows how they won't line up properly. If you ahve new information by all means pass it on to me. I have a set in the garage that I would love to put on a car but the spacing and the size are different I have found out. Keep me updated.

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by grapedrink
                      Here is the problem you are going to run into.

Man that was a long time ago that I drew that up, FYI that was for an M88 intake on an M20
                      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                        Man that was a long time ago that I drew that up, FYI that was for an M88 intake on an M20
                        I'm glad you cleared that up- those cylinder head ports dont look much like those of an m50.

I don't think making an adapter plate for his itbs will be too much of an issue.

get a 12mm sheet of aluminum, a mill, a tap set and some machine screws... you'll be set.

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                        On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                        BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

ya that shouldn't be a problem, as they intakes are the same length, just different bolt patterns
                          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

It was ment to look at the spacing problems more so than actual design.

Welcome.

Comment

Don't stress over it. It's been done before. The issue isn't the adapter plate...it's things like the oil filter housing! Unfortunately we don't have the tech article up on our club website anymore...but here's the only pics available at the moment:

We've already started modelling the adapter plater in a CAD program. By doing it in CAD, we can share the file and then people can just take it to a CNC shop to have a plate made.

Comment

Sorry...should've pointed out that in those pics, the oil filter housing was cut down so the TBs would fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X