flywheel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flywheel question

do i NEED to shave my m20 flywheel down or is running it unshaved ok?
    sigpic
    Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

if you dont shave the flywheel you need to grind the back part of the oil pan

Comment

First: The M20 flywheel will hit the E34 oil pan fins. You need to clearance one or the other, and removing material from the flywheel solves the interference issue, AND has the benefits of a lighter flywheel. Win-win.

Second: No offense, but you have started 4 new threads, each with a simple question that has been answered here a million times.

I think you'd do well to pause, read up on everything you need to do, and then dive back in to your swap - otherwise you are liable to spend too much money and time working through incorrect parts, or trying to solve problems that have already been solved.

Just trying to save you a little time and headache.
      Current:
      1991 325i Sedan - S50 Swap
      1988 325i Cabrio

Past:
      1991 M3
      1991 318is
      1985 325e

Comment

Well Thanx for the answer but isn't this what a forum is for and i did look but after about a hour I found nothing on why ... so i don't see a simple worded question hurting anyone if it pains u so much to help out with an answer that has been asked before ... don't answer I just don't wanna muck up my first BMW swap... no disrespect but I totally plan on asking more question I'm sure u will find repetitive... and if u don't feel like answering that's all good I'm sure someone else will
        sigpic
        Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

a forum, especially this forum, is for discussion. if you aren't bringing new information or asking new questions, there isn't any discussion happening. it's just rehashing commonly known info.

there are so many.. so many.. resources for this swap out there. my dog could likely find the answers to your questions.

Comment

Working...
          X