ac pump m20 to s5x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ac pump m20 to s5x

anyone ever tryed to retro fit the pump to work on a 24v swap?
    sigpic
    Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

It wont. Mounting is completely different. you would have to make a completely custom bracket and somehow get it into the right location. Belt is different too, but that should be easier to manage.

Just make custom lines - its no big deal.
    CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
    For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

i assume most people use the e36 compressor, evaporator, condensor and fittings and convert the whole system to r134a (with professional help).

now i'm going to use this thread for a question i have.

this is regarding syncing the e30 'compressor on' output for the DME to the e36's DME 'compressor on' input. this is for (what i assume to be) idle speed correction when the a/c is on.

my thinking is that on the e30, the a/c compressor 'on' signal comes from the c211 connector, which goes straight to the DME:

whereas on the e36, the DME receives an input from the compressor relay through x20pin4, which then goes to the ecu.

so i assume it would be correct to run the lead from c211 to an unused pin on the body-side c101, which will then correspond with the e36's x20pin4. if you're repinning the x20 wires into the c101 connector, it's just a matter of lining up pin-to-pin.

Comment

I saw it done at The Vintage.....obviously have to make a custom adapter but its doable. Cheaper and easier to get the lines fitted though
        '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

yeah i figured that i still think im gonna try and do it just for the hell of it ill let u know how it goes i just had my ac redone a while back and i feel like i would be just throwing money away if i go to the 24v set up ...
          sigpic
          Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

If i remember correctly you use the whole e30 setup except for compressor on engine. Use the e36 one and have lines made for cheap locally.

Comment

Working...
            X