Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on this cat-back on an S52 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this cat-back on an S52 swap?

First of all, I'm curious about how difficult it is to make an E36 twin cannister style catback exhaust (like UUC or Rogue) fit on an e30? I'm already running shorty headers and stock e36 midpipes with cats.

I was just randomly searching for e36 exhausts and I stumbled across this Umnitza Dacorsa twin canister system. Until today I didn't even realize that they dealt in exhaust systems. It sounds fairly good in my opinion (possibly a bit loud) and is priced quite well.

I'm currently running a Dinan e36 m3 exhaust on my e30 but it's not quite deep enough for my taste and it has a huge can hanging down with angled up tips that are not my favorite.

Do you guys think I'd have much trouble mating this system (or a used UUC or Rogue) up to my e30? I'm considering running this exhaust along with the stock e36 cats and midpipe currently on the car.

Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service

Since I made this post, a few of the videos of this exhaust have been taken down, but here's a couple.....

S52, K&N Intake, OEM headers, OEM midpipe, Umnitza TSE catback exhaust on a E36 BMW M3

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by johnjohnsons54; 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM.

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
    In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)
    I NEED A WINGLESS AW TRUNK LID PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE!

Bump for new questions on revised post

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
    In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)

Comment

Does anybody have experience fitting an E36 UUC TSE or Rogue style twin canister exhaust on an e30?

Some research has suggests that the Umnitza exhaust IS in fact the same exhaust as the original UUC TSE. UUC moved up market and Umnitza took over this product using the same manufacturer and the same factory.

I'd love to purchase this exhaust because I like the tone and it comes at a very competitive price. I would however like to have some confidence that a good shop will be able to make it fit properly on the car....even if some minor modifications are necessary.

Thoughts?

Comment

So any verdict? I'd prefer to go with the duo-muffler setup. I think VAC is selling a similar exhaust as well, although it doesn't seem to looks nice as the UNITza or the UUC. However, for UUC you just can't justify the price, $1000 for a muffler, ich don't think so.

Comment

Sorry my friend no verdict yet. Winter rolled into town in october and my e30 modding habit got put on the back burner until spring. I absolutely agree that spending a grand on an e30 muffler is pretty nuts.

While I was still obsessing over this last fall, I was starting to lean towards the Umnitza TSE cat back. It is in fact the exact same exhaust UUC originally sold for the e36 (made in the same factory etc, without the UUC logo) and it costs about $400. For that price I wouldn't be worried if my muffler shop had to tweak it up a little to fit nicely under my e30.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by cmeptb13 View Post
          So any verdict? I'd prefer to go with the duo-muffler setup. I think VAC is selling a similar exhaust as well, although it doesn't seem to looks nice as the UNITza or the UUC. However, for UUC you just can't justify the price, $1000 for a muffler, ich don't think so.

Comment

Good luck -- sound promising...

Is it your muffler or midsection hanging low?

Comment

Originally posted by cormier View Post
              Good luck -- sound promising...

Is it your muffler or midsection hanging low?
              It's the e36 midsection that really hangs low. The giant e36 Dinan can also hangs pretty low (which I don't like) but it's more of an aesthetic problem as opposed to functional.

I'm actually considering getting a mid pipe fabbed up with a universal mid muffler to keep things at a reasonable decibel level but I get the feeling true dual pipes with a crossover would be cost prohibitive. The other option would be to do

Headers----> Y-pipe ---->2.5 inch pipe--->mid muffler--->Y-pipe back into the UUC/Umnitza style dual muffler.

I just don't have a reasonable idea about how much that midpipe idea might cost and if the car will be obnoxiously loud without a cat(s)??

Comment

bump? possible best option for a budget? missed the sale when they were like $350 shipped...
                sigpic
                Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
                '94 318i
                '07 335i
                '11 X5
                '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

Working...
                X