No announcement yet.

24v motor arms not fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you wither use a floorjack for support, or mount the transmission loosely?

Comment

Loosen the bolts holding the mount arms to the engine as much as you can and have a friend help turn the motor toward the driver side when you lower it.

Once you get the mount studs through and the nuts semi tightened then re tighten the mount arms.

(Props to Corey@Track.One for teaching me that trick)

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
        The motor swings around freely, and I don't see anything in the way. I think it's the angle of the engine, leaning too far to the exhaust side.
        Hmmm but really it shouldn't be sitting on a wrong angle unless it's being stopped somewhere? Agreed try to jack the tranny side and mount that first

Orr..... Have a large buddy of yours jump on the intake manifold.... Those things are pretty strong right :p?

Comment

Mine did similar. What brake booster?
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

944 Brake Booster. It looks like the brake booster clears fine and I've bent the heater pipes down to clear the manifold.

I'll try loosening the mounts and bolting up the tranny. Thanks for the help

Comment

I had a similar problem , the mount sits in the subframe hole originally designated for the tab for the stock motor mount.

Also make sure the passenger side mount is all
              The way back and far as it can go , its adjustable.
              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Question! Which transmission are you using? G260 or ZF320?

Comment

I'm using zf320. I got it in, had to wedge a long 2x4 under the passenger side mount, then set the engine down onto the driver side mount and loosely bolt it down. Then used the 2x4 to lift the engine up on the passenger side and slide the mount in.

Comment

are the mounts sit nicely now? they are not deformed? I wonder why it was so hard for you to set the engine on them...

Comment

Working...
                    X