M50 Swap not getting fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 Swap not getting fuel

I don't think I am getting power/signal to my fuel pump fuse. I am using a test light and get power to the big red wire in the (white) relay but when it cranks over I am not getting the light to turn on as if it was getting power. I read somewhere I can jump the relay temporarily to see if that is the issue? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    sigpic

like i ask most people. do you have cel. tahts ere i would start. if you dont have a cel with key on not cranking ten i would start to see if you have your harness wired up and yur grounds to the dme aer good. if you have a cel i would see if yur fuel pump relay is closing then. iirc the dme needs to see the motor turning via the cps before it will call for fuel. start there

Comment

If you put a chip in the DME make sure it isn't backwards... I did that. Make sure everything is grounded, even the DME itself.

Check if you have spark, if you have spark, test the fuel pump... You can jump the relay to do that. OR jump fuel pump and listen to see if it runs. Also make sure fuel lines aren't backwards.
      "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

No chip installed. Will check for spark then go from there. Also not sure how to ground the dme?
        sigpic

Comment

No Spark
          sigpic

Comment

Do you have a check engine light?
            Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
            Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
            Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

No Check engine light.
              sigpic

Comment

To ground DME just have it touching metal that is attached to the body. When I was troubleshooting I used jumper cables to make sure it was grounded.

When you turn your key to Start, do your relays click? If not, maybe you missed a power cable somewhere, or maybe a ground.

The wiring harness (I had a 95 E34) has three grounds on it. One right after the DME which is composed of multiple brown wires, one a little further along which is brown/orange, then there is one coming from the end of the coils.

Now for power, there is the large one from distribution to starter, two from fuse box, and I had another solid red one come from my harness which turned on the ABS and other relays once hooked up.
                "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

If you're nit getting a check engine light the DME doesn't have power, or is dead.
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

mine was dead. do you have the harness power and ground hooked up right? a lot of people get these mixed up. the ones at the shock tower on the passenger side i mean. double check all your wiring and such. if it all checks good try another dme. guy on bfc sold me a "working" one... well yea... im sure it worked at one point in its life but not when i got it.

Comment

I am going to guess my dme is dead? I have tried to get this to started with no results. I might have to call in the mechanic friend with the real testing tools.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X