Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone who has removed an e34 m50 oil pan, PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone who has removed an e34 m50 oil pan, PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Im at pick n pull now pulling a pan from an e34 for my swap and i cannot get the damn thing off. I got every bolt and torx holding it on, but it still seems to be stuck on towards the tranny area.
    is there some trick?!
    Ive tried everything. I figure one of the dowels is holding it but ive pried at it and have neen wiggling it and it wont move.
    The engine is also hoisted up and completely clear.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

There are three reverse torx bolts that go through the transmission horizontally into the back of the pan and 4 very long bolts into the block at the back of the pan. 2 are very long and surface mounted, 2 are a little shorter (but still long) and recessed in the bell housing.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
      There are three reverse torx bolts that go through the transmission horizontally into the back of the pan and 4 very long bolts into the block at the back of the pan. 2 are very long and surface mounted, 2 are a little shorter (but still long) and recessed in the bell housing.
      Thanks for the help, but like i said ive removed every bolt and torx holding this thing on
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

hit it with a rubber mallet and it should break free from the block then.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
          Thanks for the help, but like i said ive removed every bolt and torx holding this thing on
          You probably did not.

There are no dowels on the oil pan.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
            You probably did not.

There are no dowels on the oil pan.
            I was thinking a dowel from the trans into the oil pan.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

You got the 2 that are inside the bellhousing?

Comment

Yea, it sucks.
                Even after I got all the bolts out of mine I had to beat it with a rubber mallet and pry before that joker would budge.

Comment

I stand corrected! I missed the hidden ones in the holes

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Those ones like to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                      I stand corrected! I missed the hidden ones in the holes
                      Yeah ;) they are really UP there, and a complete bitch. When I pull the pans I use a sawzall and remove the subframe in the center and lower the pan down to the ground. I believe I have removed about 20 or so.
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                        Yeah ;) they are really UP there, and a complete bitch. When I pull the pans I use a sawzall and remove the subframe in the center and lower the pan down to the ground. I believe I have removed about 20 or so.
                        That is an aggressive way to remove an oil pan. Thank goodness subframes aren't in high demand. :p

Comment

I could pull one in less than 30 minutes now haha

None of the bolts are really a bitch to get to, I just didn't know they were there.

the oil pan is now safe in my garage ready to hold mah s52's oillll

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                            Hmm, interesting idea.

Anyone else have any tips/tricks for pulling these out of junkyard cars? I've been seeing more and more of them in the pick n pull yards, but I have yet to find a relatively quick and easy way to pull them.

I've pulled a few, but it always takes a long time, and it's a bitch to try to lift the engine up in the pick n pull yard- they never have an engine hoist available when I need one.

I thought maybe just drop the subframe using my cordless impact and take it from there, but there are still some obstacles and other things that need to be removed/loosened.

Comment

I'm also interested in ideas regarding this.

Comment

Working...
                              X