No announcement yet.

Swap 1/4 Mile Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a subject for another thread, but I'd recommend you save you money and go for an S50 or S52.
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, I suggest getting an S50 euro motor as well.

No, seriously.

An S50US runs around $2500. Add Schrick cams ($800 net, after selling the stock cams), software ($150 used), 24# injectors ($150), Euro HFM ($150), you are already at $3750.

Might as well get a Euro S50B30 for around $5k.

I'm half-kidding, half-serious.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by Brew View Post
        Its a subject for another thread, but I'd recommend you save you money and go for an S50 or S52.
        Man, for 4-5k I might as well build an m10 on a side and turbo it or save it for LS1 swap lol.

Honestly though, I am a little surprised with the numbers posted on this thread, throws me for a loop if I might add. Are these typical numbers or just bad examples ?

I am going to have to find some time slips for e36 325, 328, m3s and compare to get an idea. E30 should only be faster with any of the swaps and right gearing...
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I think its fair to say the examples in this thread are on the low side of what the cars are capable of.

I know that mine would do low 13s with a good launch/driver.
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

I think most people go for s50 and s52's based on engine reliability and ease, & inexpensiveness of the parts. So many parts are interchangeable with the regular E36.

I also heard that S50B30 has vanos issues on earlier model engines.

It is just as fast as an s50 on a straight line because of the gearing I believe, it looks cool to have the ind. throttle bodies though.

Comment

I think most people who run the 1/4 who expect to get into the 13's don't because launching an s50/52 in an E30 without wheelspin is not easy, and it affects your timeslip. Most have ran low-mid 14's.

However, driving it in highways is a blast at high gears.

Comment

I ran my G-Tech Pro SS, best pull has been 14.26 with 18's staggered set-up BBS wheels. Some runs 15', guess the launch is the tricky part.

Crank HP 252hp

If I put 15 or 16's, I'm sure I'll do better numbers:)

Comment

I will have some numbers soon hopefully! Just waiting on parts currently.

Donovan
                  MaximumPSI.com

Comment

it really depends on launch and reaction time when it comes to drag racing. i have yet to take mine to a track, but i already pulled almost a full car on an '03 carrera, by the time i hit 100. that was before i switched to my 3.25 diff, when i raced the porsche i was running a 3.73 which sucks ass with the ZF tranny. first is short and in effect useless(i.e i hit my 7200 rpm redline at 21 mph)...now i bet i'll pull a car and a half! i have an an s52, ZF off the same M3, 3.25 lsd, 24lb. injectors, 3.5" hfm, cold air intake, comforti chip for the mods, 6-1 turbo manifold as header with 3" exhaust all th way back (including a 3" vibrant high flow cat, a borla 3" race muffler as a resonator and a 3" vibrant muffler). if everyone here practices launching, and truly shifting perfectly, there is a world of difference. when it comes to drag times it's not just the car, it's mainly the driver :up:

EDIT: Wow. I now realize why people complained about my grammar...
                    Last edited by e30polak; 04-25-2009, 12:03 AM.
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Reaction time is irrevelent unless you're trying to beat the guy next to you. It has no effect on your 1/4 mile time or trap speed.
                      '91 318is
                      sigpic

Comment

Reaction time is irrevelent unless you're trying to beat the guy next to you. It has no effect on your 1/4 mile time or trap speed.
                        -Truth. The et clock doesn't start until your tire passes the line
                        1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM View Post
                          -Truth. The et clock doesn't start until your tire passes the line
                          Correct.

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

1987 325is. m52, with s52 cams, software, stromong exhaust, long tubes, pulleys, conforti intake with custom airbox, 227rwhp. havent taken it to the strip yet. an M52 with these mods puts your engine output just north of an STOCK s50/s52. can expect some ok times?

Comment

You ought to or I'll ask mods to ban you j/k

Comment

I think its fair to say the examples in this thread are on the low side of what the cars are capable of.

I know that mine would do low 13s with a good launch/driver.
                                For sure they are low. Bone stock E36 M3's have been known to hit 13.9 on street tires (I got a 14.2 stock with 2.1 60' in my M3 at 1000 feet). And considering S50 cars are quicker than E46 M3's, which run 13.2's, we should be able to hit high 12's.

I think some guys on here might be living in higher elevation areas affecting their times and, of course, most seem to be running puny tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X