No announcement yet.

DIY: In depth M52/S52 OBD2 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did it have the one with the angled top on it? That's the setup I really wanted to go with but the ix booster does fine I have no complaints.

I would like to know your feedback on it when you get going.
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
      Did it have the one with the angled top on it? That's the setup I really wanted to go with but the ix booster does fine I have no complaints.

I would like to know your feedback on it when you get going.
      Yah thats one that comes stock on the Audi MC. I will let you know my feedback when everything is done. Here's a pic I found

MY BUILD THREAD
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

How did you wire up the brown top e30 coolant temp sensor? My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the OBD2 harnesses use one temp sensor that has both readings for the cluster and DME, hence the 4 wires going to the OBD2 temp sensor. Did you splice off one of those wires to the e30 brown top sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by Boise View Post
          How did you wire up the brown top e30 coolant temp sensor? My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the OBD2 harnesses use one temp sensor that has both readings for the cluster and DME, hence the 4 wires going to the OBD2 temp sensor. Did you splice off one of those wires to the e30 brown top sensor?
          You'll have to have a wiring guy answer that. I sent my harness in to have it modified.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

If you search, you will find the answer in one of my wiring threads. IIRC it was a black w/ yellow stripe but it was a while ago.

Comment

Brown/Violet and Brown/Yellow will be spliced into the brown top connector. Leave the other two in the original sensor.
              E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
              Insane Innovations LLC
              DTMFiberwerkz
              Achilles Radial

Comment

^ This but you only need brn purple.

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Yes forgot about that!
                  E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
                  Insane Innovations LLC
                  DTMFiberwerkz
                  Achilles Radial

Comment

Sweet, thanks guys.

Comment

What works well is the reverse light harness (that you dont need). :P

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                      Full Product Line Tuning
                      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Concerning the reverse lights, the wire that goes back towards the transmission tunnel with the O2 sensor wire is not needed?

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
                          Concerning the reverse lights, the wire that goes back towards the transmission tunnel with the O2 sensor wire is not needed?
                          Those green and blue wires w/ wht stripe?

That's the one's!

Comment

I have to solder the two wires coming from under the shift boot to the two wires coming from the engine harness and have all four basically staying with the plug for the transmission sensor?

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

^Wait what? nono. The E30 reverse lights come through the shift boot to the trans and to the body harness. The E36 reverse light harness is in the engine harness and goes nowhere from there depending on how your wiring was done.

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Okay so the square plug that goes towards the rear of the car in the transmission tunnel is not used. Just strictly use the under shift boot wiring

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X