Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^correct.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Also thought ide throw this in there cause it came up in another thread. Factory Diag port bracket:

PN#: 41-14-8-193-254
      I stock them or you can get from any of the other OE parts vendors here/elsewhere.

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        Also thought ide throw this in there cause it came up in another thread. Factory Diag port bracket:

PN#: 41-14-8-193-254
        I stock them or you can get from any of the other OE parts vendors here/elsewhere.

I think mounting on the M3 cover is cleaner. Thats just me though
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Its too tight against the firewall to unscrew sometimes is my gripe. It is alot easier to put it there and not have to deal with the extra bracket.

Check Us out on Facebook
          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

What is the reasoning behind cutting the oil pickup tube from the e36 setup versus just unbolting it? I started the swap last night that I'm doing for a buddy so any tips is very much appreciated!

Comment

^ you have to buy $25 dollars worth of main bolts if you unbolt it (they are torque-to-yield and thus one time use only)

Comment

Well I shoulda worded it better. Haha what I meant is are they longer and need to buy a shorter bolt for that particular main? If it will bottom out? Thanks!

Comment

No information on the drive shaft csb? I was reading somewhere a while ago that it has to mounted backwards.. :/

MY BUILD THREAD
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

Originally posted by E30Reed View Post
                    Well I shoulda worded it better. Haha what I meant is are they longer and need to buy a shorter bolt for that particular main? If it will bottom out? Thanks!
                    Look just do not fuck with those, they are TTY, and precisely angle torqued.

Put rags in the block, and just bend the bracket back and forth, it will snap clean and not affect the cap bolts or make a mess of shavings.

Done it this way 5 times and counting.
                    Originally posted by 325Projectz
                    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                    :nice:

Comment

Concerning the CSB on a e36 drive shaft.. Oem say that the rubber mounting has a collared extension - this MUST face the shaft (rather than the spline) end.

Is it true that I must go against their directions and do the opposite? Basically to mount it backwards would be the that collared extension will with face the spline?

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

I posted that pic in some other thread. On E36 driveshafts you put the CSB on backwards in relation to how it mounts on an E30 shaft. The biggest thing is making sure the DS is straight from Diff to trans.

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I hope this is an acceptable area to ask this question. But, I'm helping a friend swap an S52 into his 90 model E30. We're planning to keep OBDII. He bought the AKG adaptor, primarily out of convenience, but I'm not convinced it's going to work. He did speak with the owner at AKG before purchasing and was told it would work. But, my friend also said the owner's accent made the conversation difficult.

Does anyone have any direct experience with using the AKG adaptor and keeping OBDII? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GrifM3 View Post
                            I hope this is an acceptable area to ask this question. But, I'm helping a friend swap an S52 into his 90 model E30. We're planning to keep OBDII. He bought the AKG adaptor, primarily out of convenience, but I'm not convinced it's going to work. He did speak with the owner at AKG before purchasing and was told it would work. But, my friend also said the owner's accent made the conversation difficult.

Does anyone have any direct experience with using the AKG adaptor and keeping OBDII? Thanks!
                            I think Dave (328ijunkie) or another wiring guru will have to answer that one. I don't think it would matter though.

I would have him call AKG again and check with them to be sure.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Your buddy should have contacted Dave... 328ijunkie.. He knows everything odb2

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by GrifM3 View Post

From what ive seen with the AKG adapter a little more wiring will be necessary if you want everything to work. The AKG adapter is designed to be A: Universal and B: for OBD1 primarily.

(Im a vendor for them so am not ripping on their product in any way 8-))

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X