Injectors not getting pulse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injectors not getting pulse?

Ok, so I am pretty close to getting this thing running. Here is what I know. There is Fuel, and Spark. There is constant to the injectors. '

BUT the injectors won't pulse!!

I had a friend come over with his running swap so I could borrow parts to eliminate potential issues.

#1 Its not the adapter unless there is an injector wire I am missing since I used a Sedan adapter and I own a vert.

#2 Its not the Crank Position sensor. Swapped with working.

#3 Its not the MAF

#4 Its not the Engine grounds (motor mount and oil pan are grounded)

If my friend uses a test light to ground the injector that individual injector will fire and the car will try to run on one cylinder and if he starts grounding various injectors the car will try to run. Also it will run for a quick second when there is starting fluid put in.

Later this week I will swap the whole injector rail as it was too late for anymore testing tonight.

Any thoughts are appreciated!!
    sigpic

Anyone?
    sigpic

Comment

Please help if you have any ideas on why my injectors are not getting a pulse.
      sigpic

Comment

Cam position sensor controls fuel injector firing if I dont recall

Comment

If theres no cam sensor the injectors will just batch fire (like M20) so thats not problem. Check Grounds.

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

So I still have not fixed this because I have been busy but one thing I found was that the #6 pin in the back of the DME is the ground pin so I was wondering if I could test this ground somehow or if I could ghetto rig a ground to this pin just to see if that is the issue? Any advice is appreciated
            sigpic

Comment

It should ground on the passenger strut tower. You can meter from that pin to that ground with the dme unplugged to make sure it isn't broken

To recap-- fuel pump working for sure ie pressure at the rail? What dme/chip you using? Have you tried another computer?

Comment

similar situation with m50 413 dme.
                My Main relay wiring is bad. check you relays! the 3 mais relays at drivers side tower.
                sigpic

Comment

Also check your coolant temp sensor, for some reason the dme wont start the car if sensor is bad. (maybe cuts injection pulse for some reason?)
                  sigpic

Comment

I am having the exact same problem with my swap, have you resolved your issues?
                    Last edited by Jezza; 01-05-2013, 07:52 PM.
                    E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
                    Insane Innovations LLC
                    DTMFiberwerkz
                    Achilles Radial

Comment

faulty C101 wiring can also cause this.

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                      Full Product Line Tuning
                      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Went over my wiring and found two connections mixed up. But does anyone know the pinouts on the dme connector to get the injectors to fire?
                        E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
                        Insane Innovations LLC
                        DTMFiberwerkz
                        Achilles Radial

Comment

I am still struggling with this issue. Can anyone tell me what signals the ECU needs to see to then send out the pulse signal to the injectors?

I am pretty sure it needs to see the crank position sensor at a minimum. But is there anything else it needs?
                          sigpic

Comment

crank sensor. If theres no cam sensor it will batch fire the injectors (like an M20)

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Tico Frank View Post
                              If my friend uses a test light to ground the injector that individual injector will fire and the car will try to run on one cylinder and if he starts grounding various injectors the car will try to run. Also it will run for a quick second when there is starting fluid put in.

Later this week I will swap the whole injector rail as it was too late for anymore testing tonight.

Any thoughts are appreciated!!
                              Did you check your fuel rail ground? You pretty much answered you own question. If by grounding the injectors they start working, then a ground problem is what you have. Now find it

Comment

Working...
                              X